Misc 3ds xl..ds wifi setup..!!

gokulthegr8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey guys..i hav a 3ds xl and ofcourse an r4 card as well..yesterday i changed the encryption of my wifi to wep and tried to setup my ds for wifi..it found the access point and i entered the wep key..it went in..then it tested my connection which resulted in an error.."could not get ip address"..so i tried to manually enter the ip,default gateway,subnet mask,dns code 1 n 2..i searched through the net and i see many people tellin we hav to increase the ip's last 4 digits by 10..wat does it mean?..for example if my ip is 192.168.1.1 ..wat wud the ip be after increasing 10?..and also i was unable to find the dns primary and secondary codes..i tried to go into cmd and i typed ipconfig/all ..everything came expect the primary and secondary dns..can someone help me with this?..

the list of tings which came when i entered ipconfig/all are Physical address,DHCP enabled,autoconfiguration enabled,link-local ipv6 address,ipv4 address(i think this is my ip address),subnet mask,lease obtained,lease expires,default gateway,DHCP server,DHCPv6 IAID,DHCPv6 client DUID,DNS servers(same as default gateway and i gave this for primary and secondary dns but dint work),Netbios over tcpip..!!

wud be great if someone can help me with this..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
192.168.1.1 would be the IP of the router, so they're telling you to put in 192.168.1.11 or higher. Depending on the router you may need to do 192.168.1.110 (some start at 10). You should use a different IP on your 3DS than the one on your PC, so take the IP address you see on your computer and add a few numbers to the last bit, like they said.

Use 8.8.8.8 for the primary DNS, and 8.8.4.4 for the secondary DNS.

gokulthegr8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
woah..thanks a lot Rydian:D it is working now..:D
btw..do u play pokemon black/white 2?..if so..can u do me a favour?..i hav an eevee which i'd like to evolve into a leafeon..but hav completed only 3 gyms..so i wont be able to get to pinwheel forest before beating elite4..can you evolve it for me and give it back?..:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.