Hardware 3DS XL DS(or VC) Mode Resolution

Which DS Mode(or VC) resolution is better on the 3DS XL?

• Stretched Resolution(Default)

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 1:1 Resolution(Hold Start & Select)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which screen size is better when playing ds games, dsi ware games, or even VC games on the 3ds xl. The default one,(stretched) or the one where you hold select & start(1:1)? Which do you guys use more? I like the vibrant colors and less blur of the smaller one, but also like the obviously bigger image of the default one.

BAHIM Z 360

B-but I'm not a new member :(
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I say if you want to play DS games...play them on the DS handhelds instead like the DS Lite,DSi or DSi XL. (They are cheap nowadays if you don't own one)

But meh that's just my opinion :rolleyes:

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I normally play DS games on stretched on my XL, although I'm often a bit put off by the scaler, especially when applied to curves.
But I like the bigger image, and it looks a bit stupid having so much of black borders in unscaled mode.
Most VC games I also play on stretched, although I player Shinobi GG mostly on 1:1 resolution because of the Game Gear border. :lol: Customizable to the official Game Gear colours that came out over the years. There are some Brazil only missing, but these were all Tec Toy releases I think.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy playing DS games and emulators/homebrew on my 3DS XL more than I did with my DS Lite and its all because of that bigger screen. I know some people don't like the default stretched mode but it never bothered me and playing 3D games on it like Mario 64 look a whole lot better than in the smaller 1:1 mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: