Hardware 3DS XL color issue... mostly choosing one.

What Would you Choose?

• Total voters

Daemauroa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

well, I was already planning to buy a 3DS XL, but I do have quite the dilemma. luckily I do live in Europe so I do have more choices for colors for the 3DS XL, but none of them are actually appealing to me. I heard a month or so ago that Japan will get a full Black colored 3DS XL. which was pretty nice-looking to me. however, there isn't a release date planned for releasing it in Europe.

now my question, some may now, that Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward will be released 23 November. should I just wait for hoping that Nintendo is friendly enough to ship the full black 3ds XL's to Europe or should I just go with the Silver one and play the game on the date of the release?

I'll just open a poll for voting something, and actually The red and blue 3DS XL aren't that bad either.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I like the look of the Red/Black one, if i get round to purchasing the console, that will be my choice.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's obvious which one I chose. Well, I guess if you don't mind blue/red then go for it. But for me, being a late adopter always, I'd wait till the Apocalypse if I have to. :D

Daemauroa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks for sharing your oppinion, but the game I am waiting for is actually the sequel to the famous ( nah... not so :( ) 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors, which was the best game I played on the DS, the Best story I have ever read in a game, and maybe the best game I have ever played.
so this is actually a hard choice for me, because I like the black 3DS XL, and I do want to play the game...

I don't know if I can edit the poll now... but I came up with a new solution. and that is buy a 3ds xl on the release date, and when a black 3ds xl arrives, just ask if someone wants to trade his full black colored to your multi-colored 3ds xl.

though, I haven't decided on a color yet... I didn't liked the red color, which was the only one I saw with my own eyes in the store, but it was smudged already probably by kids who wanted to play/test the 3ds xl.

and if anyone could tell when the black one arrives in the EU, thank you.

Daemauroa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude, you're dutch!
Go to bol.com and order the Yellow Pikachu one! :D

though it may seem strange to people who like the white 3ds or the pikachu one, both doesn't seem appealing to me. and if the pikachu 3ds xl coloring was done better, like yellow stylus, and the inside yellow, maybe I would have thought about it. anyway, you could it cheaper, about 30 € cheaper from gamemania. so I would cancel you pre-order at bol.com and go pre-order it at game mania.

D

Deleted User

oh i voted wrong i voted for blue/black but i wanted to vote for the red black one

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yay I have discovered another 999 and VLR fan :D But yea. I never did like the dual-colour scheme. Even back in the days of the DS lite. Which is why I am super excited for the all white one. Though an all black will be cool too.

But yea as you said, pity we won't be getting a special edition VLR or 999 bundle. I'd sell my kidney for that. LOL XD

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like the white one,
but I'll wait around 2 years to see if Nintendo releases a 2nd version of 3DS XL.

They could include a 2nd analog,
bluetooth,
better cameras and
amoled screens

Daemauroa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, like I said earlier, the 3DS xl which I will buy for the release of the game zero escape would only be for the time being till they release the black 3ds xl. or a special edition 999-one... which is far more unlikely... :(

but from now on this could actually be a poll about which color you prefer etc...

oh, and I will probably get the silver one, because I don't like those bright colors. though the blue one isn't a sore for the eye for me as the red one. but the main problem they look bad in my opinion is that these colors don't mix well with black. it seems to me like a job which wasn't finished actually.
so I will probably get a silver one, or maybe a blue one.
and when the black one comes out, I will sell it and buy the black one/ or trade the console with someone for the black one.

so, a bit off-topic, but who like glossy more like matte?
for me the matte finish seems more elegant and refined.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
well, like I said earlier, the 3DS xl which I will buy for the release of the game zero escape would only be for the time being till they release the black 3ds xl. or a special edition 999-one... which is far more unlikely... :(

but from now on this could actually be a poll about which color you prefer etc...

oh, and I will probably get the silver one, because I don't like those bright colors. though the blue one isn't a sore for the eye for me as the red one. but the main problem they look bad in my opinion is that these colors don't mix well with black. it seems to me like a job which wasn't finished actually.
so I will probably get a silver one, or maybe a blue one.
and when the black one comes out, I will sell it and buy the black one/ or trade the console with someone for the black one.

so, a bit off-topic, but who like glossy more like matte?
for me the matte finish seems more elegant and refined.

Im being honest here, the silver looks extremely crappy compared to the blue/red.. and I prefer the matte finish but its still attracts a few fingerprints, its easier to hold too.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

well, I was already planning to buy a 3DS XL, but I do have quite the dilemma. luckily I do live in Europe so I do have more choices for colors for the 3DS XL, but none of them are actually appealing to me. I heard a month or so ago that Japan will get a full Black colored 3DS XL. which was pretty nice-looking to me. however, there isn't a release date planned for releasing it in Europe.

now my question, some may now, that Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward will be released 23 November. should I just wait for hoping that Nintendo is friendly enough to ship the full black 3ds XL's to Europe or should I just go with the Silver one and play the game on the date of the release?

I'll just open a poll for voting something, and actually The red and blue 3DS XL aren't that bad either.

Now wait a minute. Is VLR already out in Europe? I could have sworn that Siliconera posted that Rising Star wasn't publishing it in those regions until November. Are you planning on importing the US version? I think thats region locked.

Nonetheless, VLR is a great game. I loved 999 and I love VLR. Simple math! I have the Vita version, so I cannot say I share your dilemma, but I would seriously just jump the gun and get a 3DS XL right now. Yeah, the all-black model looks nice, but VLR is waiting for you Man! Oh, and BTW, if you get the 3DS version of VLR, it has a wicked save-data bug that corrupts your data if you save during a puzzle. Just a heads up. I have heard horror stories of guys who have played the game for 30+ hours only to have corrupted save data. :cry:

Daemauroa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now wait a minute. Is VLR already out in Europe? I could have sworn that Siliconera posted that Rising Star wasn't publishing it in those regions until November. Are you planning on importing the US version? I think thats region locked.

Nonetheless, VLR is a great game. I loved 999 and I love VLR. Simple math! I have the Vita version, so I cannot say I share your dilemma, but I would seriously just jump the gun and get a 3DS XL right now. Yeah, the all-black model looks nice, but VLR is waiting for you Man! Oh, and BTW, if you get the 3DS version of VLR, it has a wicked save-data bug that corrupts your data if you save during a puzzle. Just a heads up. I have heard horror stories of guys who have played the game for 30+ hours only to have corrupted save data. :cry:

oh VLR (it didn't came to my mind once to use a abbreviation... :) ) will be released here on 23 november , however some sites report 16 november, but I am pretty sure it is 23 november. I have my fingers crossed that they will fix the bug for the EU version. it's a shame that they did not include the english voice acting in the EU version, but I think I would have ended up with the Japanese Voice acting either way. and I have heard that the bug, if it still exists in the EU version, easily could be bypassed if you pay attention to when you save your game.
but there are other games I would like to buy too, and aren't available for the PSvita. games like ace attorney 5 and Professor Layton vs Ace attorney. so getting a PSvita is actually out-of-option for me, and I don't have the money to buy both.

I am glad to hear that VLR is just as good as 999, because literally 999 is the best game, story wise, that I have played. so I sincerely hope that VLR will be even better, at least longer I suppose with more endings.

I did Realize that I probably could have been enjoying the game if I bought an American 3DS XL and the NA version of VLR.... oh well, I could wait 12 more days if they going to remove those bugs and other glitches. ( and the english voice acting.... :( )

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll take matte finish over gloss any day. Yea I really do hope they fix the bug. Don't think it was in the Vita version right?

*Knock on wood* I never encountered such bugs with the Vita version during my 40 something hour playthrough. Then again, I just never quit the game. I left my vita on 24/7 and just kept it plugged in, suspending it at night. The game is that addicting.

oh VLR (it didn't came to my mind once to use a abbreviation... :) ) will be released here on 23 november , however some sites report 16 november, but I am pretty sure it is 23 november. I have my fingers crossed that they will fix the bug for the EU version. it's a shame that they did not include the english voice acting in the EU version, but I think I would have ended up with the Japanese Voice acting either way. and I have heard that the bug, if it still exists in the EU version, easily could be bypassed if you pay attention to when you save your game.
but there are other games I would like to buy too, and aren't available for the PSvita. games like ace attorney 5 and Professor Layton vs Ace attorney. so getting a PSvita is actually out-of-option for me, and I don't have the money to buy both.

I am glad to hear that VLR is just as good as 999, because literally 999 is the best game, story wise, that I have played. so I sincerely hope that VLR will be even better, at least longer I suppose with more endings.

I did Realize that I probably could have been enjoying the game if I bought an American 3DS XL and the NA version of VLR.... oh well, I could wait 12 more days if they going to remove those bugs and other glitches. ( and the english voice acting.... :( )

Meh, the english voice acting is pretty good. I heard that something like 70% of the cast is from the US/EUR version of the Persona games, which is actually kind of funny. The guy who voices Dio in the NA release was voiced by Akihiko's VA. It is hilarious to hear him curse like a sailor. I have used the Japanese voices, but not that much. It does baffle me why Rising Star didn't just include the NA voices, but whateves. Money is money.

I know I was at a huge conflict on what system to get VLR on. I don't have the 3DS yet, but I loved how 999 played on the DS. And the final puzzle with Akane.... It was just so perfect. Luckily, VLR doesn't really have system-specific puzzles aside from console tilting and the given touch screen action. But, I could simply not wait for the game, so I just got it for my Vita.

And yeah. VLR is waaay better than 999. They are both somewhat equal, but there is just something about VLR that is just... better. Perhaps it is the 3D character models, or the voice acting, or the overall story, but when you get all 24 endings, you just feel so satisfied, despite the game leading into Zero Escape Volume 3. (Which I am RIDICULOUSLY excited about).

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi