Hardware 3DS XL charging port

thehawksfuckingdead7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Few weeks ago I got a new charger for my 3DS after the older one died, it worked fine for a while. Tonight it seems that my 3DS doesn't charge at all, and I guess that it has to do somehow with the port. Any tips for someone who doesn't have the equipment and skills on how to repair it?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few weeks ago I got a new charger for my 3DS after the older one died, it worked fine for a while. Tonight it seems that my 3DS doesn't charge at all, and I guess that it has to do somehow with the port. Any tips for someone who doesn't have the equipment and skills on how to repair it?
Buy a replacment mobo and buy a charging dock so u can quit jabbing that charger into the port

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to recharge the 3DS XL with a broken charger port.

Replacing or repairing the charger port.

Another common cause of no charging is due to the F1 + F2 microfuses burning out.
For the Old 3DS XL, the F1 fuse is located next to the EM1 power supply filter near the charger port. No idea where the F2 is exactly found. If it's anything like the other models, F2 is probably close to the (POWER) button.

You should also check the battery if it's bloated or swollen. If you have another o3DSXL, n3DSXL, o3DS, o2DS, or Switch Pro Controller, swap in a different CTR-003 or SPR-003 battery to compare against the old battery if it's dead.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: IC_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM