3DS XL Button Input Malfunction in both Emunand and Sysnand!!! Help......

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by IMRAN_PETER, Apr 14, 2017.

1. IMRAN_PETER
    OP

IMRAN_PETER GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2013
    Bulgaria
    Meadow
    Dear All, I am having a very weird issue these days. Specially the buttons input are messed up. I didnt modified anything except region settings in emunand using a tool (I have changed a number within a hex value) long ago like 1 years or so. The 3ds takes screenshot whenever I press D-Input which should be Y + D Input for upper screen or both screen screenshot. Also my Y button isnt working in any game as input but I believe the Y button is functional because D-Input takes screenshot. Also, I cant seem to open camera app using L+R shoulder button but in 3DS menu its showing that I am pressing the button. Also within game, when I read article or document (Shin Magami Tensai Apocalyps) the Down D-Input seems to scroll down automatically. I am guessing these messed input are caused due to Y button malfunction or its somehow in always pressed mode. I have also teared my 3DS XL to its motherboard (thanks to iFixit) to see if theres any kind of dust but there is no issue. I am at my wits-end.... :cry:
    Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. IMRAN_PETER
    OP

Jul 17, 2013
    Bulgaria
    Meadow
    Bump.....

3. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    Yep, your Y button seems to be constantly pressed...
    Have you tried cleaning the motherboard Y contact point and/or the rubber piece?

IMRAN_PETER likes this.
  4. Crimson-Fyre

Crimson-Fyre Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    it sounds like the inside of the affected button itself may be stuck in a pressed condition causing the device to interpret it as you holding the button ... the button itself may need to be opened and cleaned or replaced ... this is only a guess as i am not infront of the device itself to try my own tests ... try a continuity check on the button contacts themselves with the device disassembled ... if you are not activating the button but are getting continuity then its the button itself ... that could also be the issue with your d-pad down button as well

5. IMRAN_PETER
    OP

Jul 17, 2013
    Bulgaria
    Meadow
    Yes.... No dust..... Y contact point isnt connected to board... The motherboard have some kind of metallic tip, which is press-able/clickable. Is it possible my 3DS flash might somehow modified? I have a backup of my read sys-nand. I will try re-flashing with my Gateway 3ds if you suggest or if its possible.

Its not possible, as the button is metallic which is attached to board.

Last edited by IMRAN_PETER, Apr 15, 2017
  6. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    What? Could you send a photo?

7. IMRAN_PETER
    OP

Jul 17, 2013
    Bulgaria
    Meadow
    Copied it from iFixit and another one from gbatemp.net/threads/faulty-3ds.357703

Attached Files:

8. mitroux

mitroux GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2007
    Macau
    if i am not wrong , it looks like the ds buttons are all rusty , maybe you spilled water or juice on your ds , and that may be the problem the buttons are always pressed

9. IMRAN_PETER
    OP

Jul 17, 2013
    Bulgaria
    Meadow
    Not mine... just copied for reference... :P

10. IMRAN_PETER
    OP

Jul 17, 2013
    Bulgaria
    Meadow
    Hello there buddies.... I have dissected my 3DS XL again, no issue found. I have attached the pics of my 3DS Motherboard. Also I did heat re-flow using hairdryer in all the buttons and full board. No solution. I found something strange. I been playing 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, the Y button works and all other buttons are functional. It seems my 3DS firmware some kinda messed up. I have done full system format and still no solution. Now I have only one option left, which is flashing my Backed UP "firmware.BIN". I cant do it using Gateway as it seems to not supporting flashing/restoring same firmware. I am on firmware 4.3 and emunand 11.2. Is there a way I can flash my old backed up 4.3 BIN file? Or is there any other solution.... :hateit:

Attached Files:

11. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    You made 2 separate threads for this...

12. IMRAN_PETER
    OP

Jul 17, 2013
    Bulgaria
    Meadow
    Yes. In two different sections.