Homebrew 3ds XL brick help needed

pikatsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My 3ds xl is bricked. First it shows black screen and when tried to mod the screen changed to blue with the different messages every time i am trying to redo the mod. The most messages are

ERRCODE: 00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000400 00000000

FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000200 00000000

00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000022 00000000

00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000008 00000000

I have removed all wires and cleaned the board a lot of times. When i boot on cleaned board and without wires i take
BOOTROM: 8046
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000022 00000000

My sd card readers are http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Flash-Memory-Reader-TS-RDP8K/dp/B001NS0OZ4 and http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Fla...3979822&sr=1-5&keywords=transcend+card+reader

Also when trying to connect the mod on pc with Transcend P8 TS-RDP8K touched i get 2 removabled drives with letters F,G and when i am trying with Transcend P5 9-in-1 USB 2.0 i get 1 removable drive letter H. Neither cases give me access on nand nor format option. Also there is no drive letter shown on w32diskimager

Any idea?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is hard to troubleshoot without pics. As gamesquest1 said before, "...but yeah i do wish people would post pictures of what they have done when asking for help, you wouldn't go to a garage and say "how can i fix my car i done it myself and now it goes splutter splutter when i try start the engine", for help on hardware stuff it really helps to see exactly what people have done rather than just having their own personal opinion that they have done it right."

pikatsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I cannot take picture because my camera is damaged and my tablet has low rsolution camera so it is pointless. Is there a chance this problem caused by a small ammount of solder remained on the pinouts?

Reactions: marc00077

pikatsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
not on the contacts....unless its bridging something

The first sd card reader made some plugs and unplugs and fried the first time i tried to plu the mod in the pc. Is there a chance to burned the nand there?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It could be. Does it still give you an error with the mod removed?

yes without the wires shows
00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000022 00000000

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isopropyl alcohol, or acetone (fingernail polish without perfumes, or coloring) works well with a cotton swap cleans the residue pretty well. If it is solder making a bridge, dab it with flux and clean the points the best you can.

pikatsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Isopropyl alcohol, or acetone (fingernail polish without perfumes, or coloring) works well with a cotton swap cleans the residue pretty well. If it is solder making a bridge, dab it with flux and clean the points the best you can.

Thanks, I have both Isopropyl alcohol and flux. I will try them and report later

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The first sd card reader made some plugs and unplugs and fried the first time i tried to plu the mod in the pc. Is there a chance to burned the nand there?
*possibly*....i know i had a dodgy SD reader that fried 2 of my SD cards years back.....but iirc the error code for a fried nand would be all FFFF's or all 0000's.....that's not to say it couldn't of damaged it or something else

pikatsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
*possibly*....i know i had a dodgy SD reader that fried 2 of my SD cards years back.....but iirc the error code for a fried nand would be all FFFF's or all 0000's.....that's not to say it couldn't of damaged it or something else

Thanks god. I was afraid of that. Thanks for the note

pikatsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What is ther right error message to plug in the mod if everythink be ok?

nope i cleaned everythind as good as i could but same error message. There is not any bridge just a very small residue of soldering iron left on pinout

Thanks, I have both Isopropyl alcohol and flux. I will try them and report later

Can anyone propose 3ds xl combatible sd card readers

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

nope i cleaned everythind as good as i could but same error message. There is not any bridge just a very small residue of soldering iron left on pinout

virtually any, the fact your getting a bsod even with the mod removed proves there is something wrong, either something like a solder bridge, or you damaged the motherboard performing the mod......if/when you get that blue screen of death sorted then you can talk about SD readers, until then its pictures or your on your own, the error codes provide very little information about what is actually wrong with the system, unless we had nintendo's error code dictionary it might help, but we dont, so they are pretty much pointless to post

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France

This is a good one : http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Reader...e_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0EHYXF9389XSYE48Y0P5

2nd hint: SD Card with built-in cable/cable + USB Card Reader < 0.4ft. I encountered this problem on my N3DSXL...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This is a good one : http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Reader-RS-MMC-Support-Warranty/dp/B006T9B6R2/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0EHYXF9389XSYE48Y0P5

2nd hint: SD Card with built-in cable/cable + USB Card Reader < 0.4ft. I encountered this problem on my N3DSXL...
yeah that won't really help him, his isue is the the 3DS is fooked up somewhere, he would just be pissing his money away spending more on SD card readers, the TS-RDP8K works fine for all consoles, its what i use myself and works with all models, all nand types....unless he can resolve his blue screen of death issue he might as well put that money towards a replacement 3DS

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah that won't really help him, his isue is the the 3DS is fooked up somewhere, he would just be pissing his money away spending more on SD card readers, the TS-RDP8K works fine for all consoles, its what i use myself and works with all models, all nand types....unless he can resolve his blue screen of death issue he might as well put that money towards a replacement 3DS
2nd hint: SD Card with built-in cable/cable (hardmod)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
2nd hint: SD Card with built-in cable/cable (hardmod)
read the thread, he tried nand modding, messed something up and now his 3DS always blue screens even after removing the wires..........im fully aware of what the hardmod is, im just telling him how it is, the SD reader he has is fine, the blue screening even when wires are removed is not........and it wasnt a gateway brick so his nand isnt locked, its something he has done to the system after opening it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr