3DS XL and Wii U

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Lucifer666, Jun 28, 2012.

Jun 28, 2012

3DS XL and Wii U by Lucifer666 at 2:44 PM (426 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Lucifer666
    OP

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    So we know that the 3DS XL is coming in mid-August (NA release), and that

With that being said, this only gives Nintendo about three and a half months after the 3DS XL's release to launch the Wii U. Am I the only one slightly bothered by this?

In the case of Nintendo fans (some of which would want to get both systems, obviously at launch), that's quite a lot to pay in just 3.5 months. I would sell my current 3DS to help me pay for the 3DS XL, but unfortunately I'll need both systems in my hands at the same time in order to transfer all my eShop games and ambassador rewards, due to Nintendo's ingenuity and inability to create some cloud system or account (no, not Club Nintendo), which would allow me to wipe everything off my old system, have an on-line backup, and simply transfer that to my new system.

Seeing as this isn't possible, I will have to keep my current 3DS until after I've gotten my 3DS XL, by which the price (at least for a secondhand) would be way lower.

Personally, my only way to reasonably escape this:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Ignoring my very silly and immature rant in the spoiler, what do you guys think of Nintendo's decision? Is this affecting you in any way? Feel free to share opinions.

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    you are right about that, it annoys me too because i have to keep the 3ds to do the system transfer and i can't afford to keep both the 3ds and dsi xl (why can't nintendo make it simple like android os), also you are lucky, if you were working and you were living by yourself you wouldn't be able to afford all those luxuries XD

1 person likes this.
  3. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    You could always not buy a Wii U at launch?

Also, blogs?

4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Personally I'm not buying either so I don't particularly care.

5. Pleng

Member Pleng GBAtemp Maniac

Thailand
    Or not get an XL straight away?

Both work