3DS XL and 9.2 emuNAND : upgrade to test downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Razorbacktrack, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Razorbacktrack
    OP

Razorbacktrack GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2013
    Italy
    Hello everyone,
    I start to say that I have the ability to recover all using a fakeSD (hardware).

I tried to extract the working emuNAND from the hidden SDCARD partition,I flashed it using the hardware flasher and I got a fantastic black screen at boot ,then I fixed it reflashing the 4.5 dump.

Yesterday I tried the function to restore a dump using gateway,so I put the NAND.BIN extracted from the SDCARD in the root , I started the restore but after restarting I also got the black screen.

I want to note that the 9.2 emuNAND in the SDCARD runs quietly,so what can I do?

Thanks a lot

2. Razorbacktrack
    OP

Aug 8, 2013
    Italy
    All ok with 7.1.0 emuNAND written to sysnand,so 8.x emunand and above firmwares have sh*t inside

Does anyone know how to flash/update sysnand to 9.2 without a retail game or "clean" updated emunand to write it to sysnand?

3. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    I had no issues with writing 9.2 emunand backups to my sysnand. Have done it multiple times just recently with the downgrade menu, and a fair few times before that from i think about 7.1 when i put the hard mod in.

Upgraded, downgraded multiple times as well with the gateway menu the day it came out. :)

Not sure where people are having issues with it to be honest, some have even said it isn't possible to write a 9.x emunand backup to sysnand, yet I've done it a fair bit...

My emunand backups were extracted with emuNAND Tool

4. Razorbacktrack
    OP

Aug 8, 2013
    Italy
    I also used it ,but writing it to sysnand gave me black screen (also a friend of mine got the same problem)

EDIT: are you using a 3ds XL?

5. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    Yes just a normal blue/black XL.

6. Razorbacktrack
    OP

Aug 8, 2013
    Italy
    Perfect :rofl2:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice