Hardware 3DS XL and 2DS kiosk units.. Can anyone tell me anything about kiosk units?

Matthew_P

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, Just to let you know that I've been fixing a couple of 2DS machines one of which turned out to be a kiosk machine. Complete with "Modified HW" sticker on the back. Because I have a normal one as well I was able to compare the two boards and I've found the modification. I'll be posting the results here soon while I double check my work and document it.

Kelly_Overtone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be safe if you wanted to get a 3ds that you need to have in constant charge. I don't see the value in having one besides it being a collectable. I haven't seen anyone who was able to hard mod it so it didn't need a constant charger. If you want to get one, go for it! Just know what you are spending money on.

It's easy to fix, not hard to spot where they moved a resistor (in 2 locations), one near the home button so that the home button will work again, and one on the underside near the center of the MB, to make it run off of battery again. (This is for 3DS XL and New 3DS XL, don't know where they are on 2DS). You just solder/bridge those 2 resistors back over one spot where they originally were. And viola!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Next time I come across one I'll make a post w/ pics

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person