Homebrew 3DS wont turn on without the correct SD card after installing CFW

The_CFW_Noob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new to this site and this whole 3ds hacking scene as a whole so please bare with me. Last night I installed homebrew and cfw on my O3ds successfully (luma3ds). I woke up today and decided that I wanted to homebrew my 3ds on a new sd card so I deleted EVERYTHING from my sd card root because I'm an idiot (I didn't back it up(remember I'm a noob)). I put the sd card back in my 3ds and now it wont turn on, the blue LED flashes and turns off again. I tried recovering my files and it worked but they didn't come back in their designated folders so all my stuff is jumbled up and unsortable. when I put the sd card in my 3ds it now turns on with all the jumbled up stuff on the root but all that stuff's presence is making me unnervy. Is there anyway I can uninstall all cfw and homebrew without using the 3ds because all my cias are gone from the home menu so I cant launch fbi, luma, homebrew or any of that stuff. I just need a solution to boot my 3ds without needing any sort of cfw or homebrew on my SD card, PLEASE. I'm not giving up on my metallic red 3ds anytime soon :(

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new to this site and this whole 3ds hacking scene as a whole so please bare with me. Last night I installed homebrew and cfw on my O3ds successfully (luma3ds). I woke up today and decided that I wanted to homebrew my 3ds on a new sd card so I deleted EVERYTHING from my sd card root because I'm an idiot (I didn't back it up(remember I'm a noob)). I put the sd card back in my 3ds and now it wont turn on, the blue LED flashes and turns off again. I tried recovering my files and it worked but they didn't come back in their designated folders so all my stuff is jumbled up and unsortable. when I put the sd card in my 3ds it now turns on with all the jumbled up stuff on the root but all that stuff's presence is making me unnervy. Is there anyway I can uninstall all cfw and homebrew without using the 3ds because all my cias are gone from the home menu so I cant launch fbi, luma, homebrew or any of that stuff. I just need a solution to boot my 3ds without needing any sort of cfw or homebrew on my SD card, PLEASE. I'm not giving up on my metallic red 3ds anytime soon :(
Your console is fine, you'll just need the boot.firm that used to be on the root of that SD. Just download it again here - https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases. It might be a good idea to use GodMode9 to copy that boot.firm to your system storage so your console can boot into CFW without an SD/ different SDs. If you really don't want CFW, you'll need to follow those instructions and follow this - https://3ds.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw, but honestly it's more effort to remove it than getting it working again.

Last edited by bananapi761,

The_CFW_Noob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you lots, ill try it tomorrow when I have more time, and ill let you know how it goes. Seriously thanks though, I knew I could rely on this website :)

Reactions: bananapi761

The_CFW_Noob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if it is a stupid question but how do you go into godmode9? @jeffyTheHomebrewer

EDIT: nvm i looked on the guide that was provided earlier. The only reason i want to uninstall CFW is to reinstall it again but this time ill back it up. If i just fix my CFW right now then ill always have a bad feeling that im missing something due to the unorganisation of my sd root. Im a weird guy like that, hard to explain:wtf:

Last edited by The_CFW_Noob,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Huge help man thank you :)
Glad. Now, if it says the RTC date/time seems wrong, you can set it. (it uses military time, and you'll have to reset the clock in system settings after you exit gm9.) or, you can ignore it. then, press HOME, and do what I said in my first reply.

The_CFW_Noob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is literally my last question and then I don't need anything else, on my luma file there is no payload folder so would the gm9 firm still work if I created the payloads folder myself?
@jeffyTheHomebrewer

EDIT: I put the payload folder in luma myself and I sucecesfully uninstalled all CFW using Godmode9, thank you all so much!. There is just one problem left though; when I launch my ds download play, the "Nintendo 3DS" option" is fine but when I use the "Nintendo DS" option it still loads the Japanese frogminer tool. Is there anyway to get rid of that or am I just gonna have to format my system (I really don't want to lose my activity log records:( )

EDIT 2: Ok so it turns out not being able to use ds download play is supposed to happen so im not too fussed about that now. I reinstalled CFW on my 3ds and backed it all up on my pc and a hardrive using the gm9 backup feature. Also, i know i said the last question was my last question but this is actually my last question (maybe). When you say to setup Luma3ds with sysNAND on gm9 i do exactly what you do to get to that destination and all i see that is related to what you said is setup Luma3ds with ctrNAND, there is no setup Luma3ds with sysNAND. Should i do the ctrNAND option?

@jeffyTheHomebrewer @bananapi761

Last edited by The_CFW_Noob,

The_CFW_Noob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can now confirm that i have no more questions and my worries are at ease. Thank you to everybody that contributed in this thread, youve made me the happiest guy in the world. Everything is working nice and smoothly and i have even installed a few games. Thanks again! :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up