3ds won't turn on with the new r4i card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by metal01, Jun 5, 2011.

Jun 5, 2011
  1. metal01
    OP

Member metal01 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't know what to do, it won't turn on with it in, and it won't recognize it, I tried to give it that upgrade mentioned on their website but I can't since it won't let me turn it on with the r4i in it. any help would be great.

2. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's not like you'd be able to update the r4i with the 3ds anyway. You need an older system (DS/DS lite/DSi/DSiXL) to run the update to make your flash cart recognizable to your system.

3. metal01
    OP

United States
    I don't know why i didn't think of that, I have my ex's ds still thanks dude.

4. metal01
    OP

United States
    the r4 doesn't show up on the old one either.

5. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Maybe it got bricked because you loaded onto the 3DS before upgrading it.

Just buy a pre-upgraded acekard 2i.

6. metal01
    OP

United States
    I'm trying to keep local, do you think that the sd card is ok then? or do you think I'll need a new one of those too? I'll bring it in and swap it out tomorrow but if i need a new sd card I need to know. thank you for the help.

7. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    No, you will not need a new micro SD card; your current one is alright. Even if your micro SD card was faulty, I'm pretty sure that your flashcart would atleast be readable by your ds - which in this case, isn't.

Just make sure to format with the Panasonic SD formatter (don't forget to back-up your contents before formatting your micro SD card).

Every flashcart uses different firmwares, so replace your current r4i firmware with AKAIO 1.8.7 if you're considering on buying an acekard 2i.