Hardware 3DS won't read SD card after cartridge slot change

Geration

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, this is my first topic in here so i hope i'm posting in the right section of the forum.

So basically months ago i wanted to change the cartridge slot on my old 3ds because it wasn't working, and since i wasn't capable of soldering those kind of small pins on the mother bord i ended up having a 3ds with no cartridge slot at all. During the process i think i somehow damaged something near the sd card reader area (eventhough i don't see any damage near the sd card reader) and when i switch on the console it says that it can not read sd card files and the whole console starts to lag. (When the sd card is not plugged in the 3ds works perfectly).
Now that i found out how to rewire the pins of the cartridge slot (thanks to this topic https://gbatemp.net/threads/testpoints-for-rewiring-a-cartridge-slot-on-a-old-3ds.414512/) i really want to fix all the problems on this 3ds, any idea why when i insert the sd card the 3ds says it can't read files from it?

If it can help i can send pictures of the mother board.

Thanks in advance

Geration

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update: tried to format the sd card and tried to replace it with another but none of these methods seems to work. The 3ds still doesn't read it and starts to lag as soon as i turn on the console.
Please someone help :(

Geration

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
These are some photos of the motherboard i just took

VhidCl5.jpg

4tGndkU.jpg

4Q0vIIt.jpg

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy.

Geration

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update: i just cleaned the area near the sd card reader with some alcohol and now seems to work perfectly again!

Now i just would like to know how am i supposed to rewire the new cartridge slot? Like this?

ipxugtt-jpg.38600

those pads are in the bottom part of the motherboard?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...