Hardware 3ds won’t play any downloaded games

Beenawayawhile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I’m new here but was a member about 5 years ago when my kids played with their 3ds.

They have got them back out but the games won’t play.

Years ago I bought R4i plus gold cards, download games and put them on separate memory cards which worked great. The consoles and games were put away until last year.

The console I’m looking at is Ver 4.2.0-9E.

When we got them out and put a game in the R4i card, the console said, ‘there is nothing inserted into the Game Card slot’

We did something and the games started playing. They were then put away again.

My lads have again got their consoles out and the ‘nothing inserted into Game Card slot’ message has re-appeared.

What do I need to do to make the games work please?

thank you.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sounds like bad contact?
Try reinserting the cards a few times and see if it works or use some alcohol to clean the pins and contacts (or blow into the card like with the NES because that magically fixes everything?)

Beenawayawhile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like bad contact?
Try reinserting the cards a few times and see if it works or use some alcohol to clean the pins and contacts (or blow into the card like with the NES because that magically fixes everything?)
Thanks I’ve tried wiping and changing SD cards but none will work.

Beenawayawhile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean the R4 game card not the SD card
Thank you I did that too. I think I just realised where I have been going wrong. Don’t I have to go into my profile and click something first then go back to the game?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you I did that too. I think I just realised where I have been going wrong. Don’t I have to go into my profile and click something first then go back to the game?
Yes, cracked it, I have to go into profile and tap on NDS profile (or something like that). Thanks for your help though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: