Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
large.jpg
QUOTE said:
Amazon's 3DS price of £187 caused plenty of commotion on the Internet ocean, then Tesco trumped them with £175. If you think this is just the start of a price war, you may be disapointed.
Nintendo UK marketing manager James Honeywell spoke to Eurogamer about the console's opening offers, and warned customers not to stick around too long:
QUOTE said:
I'm not sure a lot of those offers will be there for the long term. Those are great offers for the launch. There's huge amount of noise and hype around the launch. Those prices will start to revert a bit. Clearly people are trying to get as many possible sales as they can in these first couple of days. After that, perhaps a little more normality will come back to the market and you'll see that creep up again.
In other words, buy your console now if you want it cheap, or hedge your bets and run the risk of paying more in the long run. Tough choice.
icon11.gif
Source (Nintendo Life)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Cex seems to think it'll get more pricey and rarer to buy, they're offering to buy a used 3DS for £226 only to sell it on at £336, in Southend anyway. On their website they say different:

http://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext...=1&mode=buy

However I have often sold things there only to be given more than what the website says.

Thing is today around 12ish there were more than plenty 3DS consoles to go around, hell I might even be tempted to get to Tesco, buy a few at £175 and sell them to Cex at a profit.
evil.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Well Cex seems to think it'll get more pricey and rarer to buy, they're offering to buy a used 3DS for £226 only to sell it on at £336, in Southend anyway. On their website they say different:

http://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext...=1&mode=buy

However I have often sold things there only to be given more than what the website says.

Thing is today around 12ish there were more than plenty 3DS consoles to go around, hell I might even be tempted to get to Tesco, buy a few at £175 and sell them to Cex at a profit.
evil.gif

I used to do that all the time. I'd buy games from Cash Generators 'cause it's where the local thieves go to unload their ill-gotten gains when they rob the local game stores. You can pick up the latest games there cheaper than usual on a good day, then sell them back to CEX at a profit, repeat as necessary.

Failing that, my Gamestation scam. When the original Final Fantasy was rereleased on PSP, it was selling for £20 new. But CEX had some sort of computer cock-up and they still classed it as a rare US import, giving £28 cash or £33 exchange. So I bought up Gamestation's entire stock (all eight of them) and sold them all back to CEX, one at a time. Made a pretty nice profit on the day. That's how I funded those new boots for my lady companion at the time.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like rubbish to me. I think the price will stay the same If not go down and If you did happen to wait long enough they will probably have some kinda package at a even better price that comes with 2 games and a case.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
We tell you, please buy it from us! Or we`ll get desesperated!

So If i can`t get a 3DS? Nah, it`ll get cheaper ..
wink.gif

Tell that to NES, SNES, N64, GC, EVEN WII NOW.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
ZeroDeception said:
Sounds like rubbish to me. I think the price will stay the same If not go down and If you did happen to wait long enough they will probably have some kinda package at a even better price that comes with 2 games and a case.
Tescos are losing money on each 3DS sold (£32.60) and I bet Amazon are also losing money as well.

They do this so when they up the price to something where they get profit (and still competing against other retail stores), people will still think it's acceptable and buy it.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
My assumption is it's going to hover around the £200 mark for a while, and probably have bundle deals start showing up in time for christmas.

I think these

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Expected, since game consoles usually don't make profit from the start. It is until they sold certain amount of consoles (break-in) then they start to make profit. These offers are just promotional.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dib said:
I call bullshit. Wait a year for the 3DS Lite which will be half the price.
They'll make a 3DS XL and maybe even a 3DSi but not a 3DS Lite. Even for those, i highly doubt they will release it anytime in the next 3 years. Nintendo isn't dumb to make a upgrade version just one year after, it would cause them a huge loss on the current 3DS.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Does nobody understand this means the 3DS is going to have the pricing it's supposed to have?

You're paying less than what you're supposed to at the moment. This isn't bullshit, it's common sense.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iMasaru said:
dib said:
I call bullshit. Wait a year for the 3DS Lite which will be half the price.
They'll make a 3DS XL and maybe even a 3DSi but not a 3DS Lite. Even for those, i highly doubt they will release it anytime in the next 3 years. Nintendo isn't dumb to make a upgrade version just one year after, it would cause them a huge loss on the current 3DS.
Plus why would the 3DS "Lite" be half the price.
huh.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I really doubt that supermarkets like Sainsburys, Tescos and Asda are gonna be pricing them over £200 regardless of if this becomes are rare object.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know--not selling full-price is a way to get people to buy a product that might not be that fun to play (if the headaches are not something you can get used to).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    Thank you
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Thank you