3DS without the hype

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I come to GBATemp, not some other place, because I have found you lot usually know your shit.

But, sometimes a lot of the buzz around here is also coloured by a range of details, not the least of which is whether something will be pirate friendly.

Because let's face it, a lot of you lot, are cheap bastards
smile.gif
Hey don't let it bug you, I've downloaded more crap than you will ever likely know
smile.gif

In addition to all of the input I get around here, I also hear from others that don't measure a gaming device on just how easy it is to get free downloads to work on it.

The other day I was talking to a buddy of mine that routinely buys all of his products (yes I know, the concept of buying everything will horrify some of ya).
His take on the 3DS is totally different than a lot of what I have seen around here.

For one he couldn't care less whether any of the flashcarts will work or not. He buys his games (I can verify this too by the way).
So right there, the 3DS being hackable crackable whateverable, is not something he even plans to spend brain cells on.

And he thinks it will be just a friggin killer cool item.

He was essentially discussing hardware specs with me, not upcoming games specifically.
Now I can't verify his statements to the performance levels he is expecting.
But he says he knows persons he talks to online, that have seen the 3DS. I wouldn't know if anyone has or has not seen any of the things or not.
But the advantage of the internet, is you CAN get access to people from anywhere out there. So maybe he has talked with persons with first hand knowledge.

But he sure sounds like he sure wants to get one (3DS), and the price tag is admittedly high at 300, but it's never stopped him getting what he wants.
He has the advantage though of decent work income and it's just him and his dog spending it
smile.gif
His rent is not so bad either.

I suspect I will get first hand access to a 3DS fairly soon after it arrives in the area, and then I will not need to wonder if it is any good or not and whether it is good for anything other than games or not.

Myself, I would kinda hope something as powerful as the 3DS is claimed to be by some (including my friend) is not going to be JUST a powerful game player. Because that would be a waste eh.
Nice internal storage, powerful processor, dedicated video card, and just to play games is not enough for me at least.

After all, I bought a PS3 because it is so much more than a PS3 game player.
For the 3DS to get into my wallet, it needs to be able to be all sorts of things.
And if I can't play my flashcart games in it because they have made it unfriendly to flashcarts, that would not keep me from getting one if it had cool alternative uses.
Heck I might get one just to play my stash of anime music videos and anime in general eh.
I'd pay 300 bucks I guess for a handy video player that also played all my Nintendo games I actually paid for.

To listen to my friend, he is telling me he thinks the 3DS will be a very hot selling item based on the power of the hardware alone.
He may be right. He's entitled to his opinion eh, and it's not like he's always wrong or something
smile.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Panzer Tacticer said:
smile.gif
Hey don't let it bug you, I've downloaded more crap than you will ever likely know
smile.gif
I stopped reading here.
Why do you look down on everyone? Seriously. It's like you're the only one worthy of being on this forum.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure of the point of this blog...at all. Maybe I should have been more involved in the 3DS section.
You realize your friend was talking to you about general knowledge known to half the internet for a while now? It's been known for a while the 3DS is a powerful little system with a multitude of functions, all that jazz.
I'm not quite sure where the fuck "It can haz flashcarts?" comes into play with the 3DS itself being a good product.
Though, paying a console price for a handheld is real iffy to me, despite its various functions. Maybe that's just because the 3D gimmick movies, games, and the 3DS have been dishing out never interested me at all.

Sooooo besides taking cheapshots at the people who have better things to spend their money on, what was the point of this blog?

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
smile.gif
smile.gif
I stopped reading here.
Why do you look down on everyone? Seriously. It's like you're the only one worthy of being on this forum.
Agreed. The thing that makes me laugh is him then admitting that he pirates ("he" here being a presumption). Maybe he just hates himself.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wt868.jpg

QUOTE said:
Because let's face it, a lot of you lot, are cheap bastards :)Hey don't let it bug you, I've downloaded more crap than you will ever likely know
smile.gif
I'm not quite sure why you think you're so above everyone, you're in the same imperfect world.

No one can predict how the 3DS will sale, who knows, but I do know the prices aren't mainly because people are cheap, it's because they can't afford it until the steep price lowers into their range. That's completely understandable.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
phoenixgoddess27 said:
wt868.jpg

QUOTE said:
Because let's face it, a lot of you lot, are cheap bastards :)Hey don't let it bug you, I've downloaded more crap than you will ever likely know
smile.gif
I'm not quite sure why you think you're so above everyone, you're in the same imperfect world.

No one can predict how the 3DS will sale, who knows, but I do know the prices aren't mainly because people are cheap, it's because they can't afford it until the steep price lowers into their range. That's completely understandable.
Since when are you capable of cracking me up with 4chan pictures like Martin?

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
smile.gif
smile.gif
I stopped reading here.
I wasn't offended at all when I read that, but when I read this reply, I realized the reply was right.

I hate how people automatically associate people who pirate stuff with being cheap. There are tons of reasons why people pirate stuff (Yes, money is probably the biggest reason, but not for everyone).

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To all of you, get the fuck over yourselves
smile.gif

Look down on you? I don't even know a single one of you. Stop with the self righteous indignation.

I don't give a flying fuck for each and every one of you.

Has something to do with I know none of you.

So why should your feelings be magically important to me.

Please take all your crying whine blubbering off my god damned lawn.

What part of 'grumpy old gamer' is too impossible to comprehend for you brats?

Be worthy of respect, and I might consider it.

And no, I don't NEED any of YOUR respect, so don't be surprised when I don't mind if you don't have any for me.

Sheesh.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Panzer Tacticer said:
smile.gif

Look down on you? I don't even know a single one of you. Stop with the self righteous indignation.

I don't give a flying fuck for each and every one of you.

Has something to do with I know none of you.

So why should your feelings be magically important to me.

Please take all your crying whine blubbering off my god damned lawn.

What part of 'grumpy old gamer' is too impossible to comprehend for you brats?

Be worthy of respect, and I might consider it.

And no, I don't NEED any of YOUR respect, so don't be surprised when I don't mind if you don't have any for me.

Sheesh.

Christ, I'm making a noose now.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
smile.gif

Look down on you? I don't even know a single one of you. Stop with the self righteous indignation.QUOTE(Panzer Tacticer @ Oct 8 2010, 09:47 AM) Because let's face it, a lot of you lot, are cheap bastards
smile.gif

So what, do you just forget what you type after a few minutes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay