Hacking 3DS with Luma / arm9loaderhax - SD card defektive - New setup?

Tom0906

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

i have an issue with my SD card. It went defektive last week and now i am stuck with my 3DS.
My 3DS is basically booting and i am able to acess both menus on Start.

I can boot my device while holding (Select) to enter the Luma3DS configuration menu
I can boot my device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu

What i am missing is the possibility to acess FBI, CIA, LUMA Updater and Homebrew channel

Can someone here assist and show me a way how to restore all the necessary funcionality?
I have a backup of my old 3DS SD Card, but just copying the files over to the new one did not solve anything so far. I am not able tso far to identify the problem, sorry i am a absolute Greenhorn.

kind reagrds Tom

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

i have an issue with my SD card. It went defektive last week and now i am stuck with my 3DS.
My 3DS is basically booting and i am able to acess both menus on Start.

I can boot my device while holding (Select) to enter the Luma3DS configuration menu
I can boot my device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu

What i am missing is the possibility to acess FBI, CIA, LUMA Updater and Homebrew channel

Can someone here assist and show me a way how to restore all the necessary funcionality?
I have a backup of my old 3DS SD Card, but just copying the files over to the new one did not solve anything so far. I am not able tso far to identify the problem, sorry i am a absolute Greenhorn.

kind reagrds Tom
Go to https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax and follow Section V for getting FBI back. Then I think the next section is installing the cias.

Reactions: Tom0906

Tom0906

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, will try that in the evening. Just for my understanding: Why do i have to get the CIA's back? Where did they get lost? I have copied all files from the backup of my old SD to the new one. Is there something hidden or a issue with permissions. I am not able to understand so far where the files got lost. Perhaps someone has a second to explain the issue.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, will try that in the evening. Just for my understanding: Why do i have to get the CIA's back? Where did they get lost? I have copied all files from the backup of my old SD to the new one. Is there something hidden or a issue with permissions. I am not able to understand so far where the files got lost. Perhaps someone has a second to explain the issue.
If you copied everything over then the games and apps should be there make sure the new sd card is fat32 and being seen by the 3ds

Tom0906

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As you can see i am not a native english speaker so sorry for the typos. Hope you dont make too much
mistakes when you try to speak german.

Thanks anyway, solution worked fine, system is running again on the new (not defective :) ) SD card.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Date sticks