Hardware 3DS with A9LH + Hardmod or Just with A9lh

Thaulos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have sent off my 3ds to a legit hardmodder found from the popular thread

But I am considering if the hardmod would be worth it if the a9lh is already installed

So should i get the hardmod anyway or just go with a9lh

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you stated in other thread that the console was in 11.0.0.33e, then only option is to hardmod.
You can have Decrypt9, HourGlass9, etc... all installed but there is no entry point on 11.0 fw.

I may be wrong, but at least that's what I've seen from similar threads. To be sure, just ask the person doing the hardmod, they would know better than anyone your options.

Thaulos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Since you stated in other thread that the console was in 11.0.0.33e, then only option is to hardmod.
You can have Decrypt9, HourGlass9, etc... all installed but there is no entry point on 11.0 fw.

I may be wrong, but at least that's what I've seen from similar threads. To be sure, just ask the person doing the hardmod, they would know better than anyone your options.

I know it needs a hardmod, but the @gamesquest1 also offer the a9lh install service without hardmod (since hardmod can cause issue with reselling)

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it needs a hardmod, but the @gamesquest1 also offer the a9lh install service without hardmod (since hardmod can cause issue with reselling)

Ah you mean they offer a DSiWare downgrade, then you should be good if they have a EUR 3DS.

You can refer here to make sure they have all the pre-reqs for your downgrade: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

Will prob need to re-download all of your eshop games and you will lose all your saves unless you use freakyhax + savemanager to back them up.

Thaulos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would say no hardmod if it's cheaper. You only need it for the downgrade.

Mhm, But then i would not be able to play around with other a9lh installs, just to see the features, which risks bricking unless i have the hardmod.

This thread is just to help me research more about a9lh and hardmods since this is the first time for me

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mhm, But then i would not be able to play around with other a9lh installs, just to see the features, which risks bricking unless i have the hardmod.

This thread is just to help me research more about a9lh and hardmods since this is the first time for me

Hmmm not sure what you mean, if they can downgrade the 3DS, then you can follow Plailect guide to install A9LH starting in part 1 and choosing the current FW (after downgrade of course)

Reactions: Thaulos

Thaulos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah you mean they offer a DSiWare downgrade, then you should be good if they have a EUR 3DS.

You can refer here to make sure they have all the pre-reqs for your downgrade: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

Will prob need to re-download all of your eshop games and you will lose all your saves unless you use freakyhax + savemanager to back them up.

Ik he have the eur 3ds since he is based in uk. All my saves are on my sd (which is with me not in the 3ds) and i still have the old nand backup. Yes, i might have to redownload the games but hey, at least that give me something to do lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmmm not sure what you mean, if they can downgrade the 3DS, then you can follow Plailect guide to install A9LH starting in part 1 and choosing the current FW (after downgrade of course)

But would i need the hardmod to unbrick my 3ds if something goes wrong?

Sp4rks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Downgrading from 11.0 is now possible via DSiWare using an another 3DS with CFW. That's probably why he gave you the choice.
I've never hardmodded my 3DS, I don't think it's something very useful now that A9LH exists, so I would not do it if it's more expensive and if you consider reselling your console when the time comes.
Now, if you plan to flash your Sysnand on a regular basis to try different CFWs and stuff, I would recommend hardmodding since you'll be sure to never brick your 3DS even if you make a big mistake one day.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrading from 11.0 is now possible via DSiWare using an another 3DS with CFW. That's probably why he gave you the choice.
I've never hardmodded my 3DS, I don't think it's something very useful now that A9LH exists, so I would not do it if it's more expensive and if you consider reselling your console when the time comes.
Now, if you plan to flash your Sysnand on a regular basis to try different CFWs and stuff, I would recommend hardmodding since you'll be sure to never brick your 3DS even if you make a big mistake one day.
You have to wait a week in between downgrades if you use the DSi method. He's probably gonna do a temporary hardmod.
That's what I do, since I don't like making holes in 3ds's.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ik he have the eur 3ds since he is based in uk. All my saves are on my sd (which is with me not in the 3ds) and i still have the old nand backup. Yes, i might have to redownload the games but hey, at least that give me something to do lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But would i need the hardmod to unbrick my 3ds if something goes wrong?

I think, THINK... Once you have A9LH and Luma3DS, you can boot into Decrypt9 to un-brick console with a NAND backup (IMPORTANT TO HAVE AND KEEP A BACKUP)
Basically re-do steps 2-3 of Plailect guide? no?

Also what did you use to get your saves on the SD card?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah i do hardmods for the downgrade, i have explained to him about a9lh being 99% brick free, the only brick risk that remains is if you switch a9lh payloads/branches (i.e going from auroras fork to shadownand) , for anything else you can just use hourglass9 to restore a nand backup

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Thaulos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think, THINK... Once you have A9LH and Luma3DS, you can boot into Decrypt9 to un-brick console with a NAND backup (IMPORTANT TO HAVE AND KEEP A BACKUP)
Basically re-do steps 2-3 of Plailect guide? no?

Also what did you use to get your saves on the SD card?

savedatafiler, I got 2 saves on fire emblem awakening and Fantasy Life.. the others can die in recycle bin

Thaulos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Keep it, play with godmode9 and you will see why.

Ahh, a save transfer made for a9lh (was made before a9lh but who cares)

Right, I made my mind. No need to pay for a9lh install as long i follow the instructions on that guide since it seems pretty doable. Time to downgrade :P

How do i lock threads anyway

Last edited by Thaulos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: