Hardware 3ds vs 3ds xl which should i buy ? Huge price difference

Gurjas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys ive been looking to get a 3ds lately like a lot and don't have that much to spend atm and I could either get a 3ds regular for 140( even cheaper if i trade in some old games) and a 20 dollar gift card or a 3ds xl

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just my personal preference. The corner of the regular 3DS really hurts my palm especially during prolong hours of gaming. I upgraded to 3DS XL and it's totally worth it. You might wanna consider 2DS. It's also cheaper. The only fix I find for the uncomfortable regular 3DS is the CPP. I think there's a design flaw with the regular 3DS also since some of us experience a slight crack on the dpad and how the upper screen touches the lower portion when closed. Some of them fixed it with additional rubber bump.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What, you don't want to get a 2DS? lol just kidding

but anyway, I went with XL and don't regret the extra $$$ one bit. well worth it IMO

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If price is a huge factor for you, go for the regular 3DS. I have one and I am quite happy with it.

If you want more comfort, bigger screens but slightly worse audio go for the 3DS XL. Most people say it's better than the regular 3DS.

In my personal opinion, the discomfort with the regular 3DS isn't anything you can't get used to. And my main problem with the regular 3DS wasn't fixed with the XL version, the fact that the D-pad is too awkwardly positioned...

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The 3DS XL:

Better Screen (More larger and better anti glare)
Better Start, Select and Home Buttons
Better Stylus position
Better 3D Slider (A lock when you turn off the 3d effect)
More ergonomic (if you have big hands)
Come with a 4GB SDHC card (bigger than the 2gb sd card from 3ds)

the 3ds:

Better Sound when you don't use headphones, if you use headphone it's the same
More portable, easier to carry in your pocket
Less jaggies in some games (in XL, some games (not all) may look more jaggie, because the resolution is the same)

---

If you want a new handheld console, yes, 3DS XL worth it.
If you already have a 3DS, i think is better to wait a better version than 3DS XL in the future

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why do people keep asking the same question? I see threads like this once per day, the 3DS XL is much more worth it than the normal 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyY0Z_U09mk