Hacking 3DS Update to 2.1.0-4U and R4i Gold Question!

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, i just bough my 3DS and it comes with firmware version 1.0, id like to be able to use the web browser and the eShop but it seems the only way to do that is by updating the system to the latest 2.1.0-4U firmware. I also bought a R4I Gold from r4igold.cc and if like to know if i will still be able to use it after updating my 3DS to the latest firmware.

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, since no one answered I'm just updating my 3ds atm since i found out about the Nintendo ambassador program which will end today, so i will post if its working once the update is complete.

Update: No, it doesn't work
frown.gif

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Update2: i did not updated the firmware on the card, so ill take it to a friend dsi to update the card and then post back if it worked or not.

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Update 3:

I take back what i said before, with the firmware file of the r4igold.cc for the card and the 3DS and the Latest Kernel published also in the site, my 3DS now with Firmware 2.1.0-4U is using my R4i Gold
smile.gif
here are the links for the firmware and the kernel just to save some time in case someone needs them:

Card Firmware 2.0 Gold
Kernel R4i Gold 2.0 [Eng]

For the admins of the forums, u can safely add this one on ur compatibility list of the working cards after 2.1.0-4U update
smile.gif

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you even know what fw your 3ds is on? i looked everywhere andi cant find where it says the fw version, and evenwhen i did my first update it dint say what version t was on ,or what version it was udating to , so is there some trick where you hod some buttons or something ,tha takes you to where it will display your fw version? also has anyone else had problems with updating their 3ds fw? mine would not update ,after like 100 tries i had to delete my network and add a neighbors unprotected network to my internet settings for it to work

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
totalnoob617 said:
how do you even know what fw your 3ds is on? i looked everywhere andi cant find where it says the fw version, and evenwhen i did my first update it dint say what version t was on ,or what version it was udating to , so is there some trick where you hod some buttons or something ,tha takes you to where it will display your fw version? also has anyone else had problems with updating their 3ds fw? mine would not update ,after like 100 tries i had to delete my network and add a neighbors unprotected network to my internet settings for it to work

Well i personally did not had any problem updating my console, if you want to know what firmware version ur on atm, go to "System Settings" and then on the botton right of your top 3ds screem youll see your firmware version, mine atm is "Ver. 2.1.0-4U"

erreib

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I bought the 3ds recently and like you, I updated to the latest firmware. After that, when I inserted my r4i gold card, the icon would appear, but after clicking on it, the system would stop and tell me to shut down. After I updated the card with the files in your post, both my nintendo ds lite and the new 3ds stopped reading the card at all (so when I insert it, no icon appears). Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

B

batman_792

Okay so I have the R4i Gold 3DS and my firmware is at 2.1.0-4U. When I start up I see the Spongebob icon but when I select it the screens go black and it says "Loading..." and it is stuck like that. The 3DS is not frozen and I can still close the app, but its stuck on "Loading..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: