Hacking 3DS Update- "External FIRM is not for this console"

exceltea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys- I have a a new 3dsXL and I paid for someone to hack it. The person who helped me said that I could update it as needed, since updates won't break the system unlike phones. So of course, after getting constant reminders to update, I went ahead and got the usual "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patches" message on startup. I did a search, and tried to put the new LUMA firm on the root folder of my SD card, and now I get the message "The external FIRM is not for this console."
I tried searching for this error message but I haven't seen anything else about it. Since I wasn't the one who originally hacked the system, I'm not sure what process the person used, so I saw some posts about error messages because the system needs to be updated to bootstrap, so I tried the "update from A9LH to B9S" guide and still got the same error (although I think Im on B9S anyway. When I hold select and power up, the bottom screen says ' Booted from SD via B9S'). Could I please get some help?
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Nevermind guys, I just formatted the card and that seems to help.... It started up no problem. Figured it out!
(Any way to delete a post?)

Last edited by exceltea,

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already did it for you, but for future reference:
Click Message Tools, click Report, type in please delete.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1