Hardware 3DS transfer question

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wanted to trade in my 3ds to GameStop for 100 bucks off the 3ds xl but there is no way to do a transfer so I would have to start new on the xl.

My question is this... I never collected street passes or even activated AR cards. All I ever downloaded from the eshop was a resident evil demo. The games I played on it was Mario kart 7, tales of the abyss, super Mario land 3d, and Kid Icarus(but not online).

What data exactly is on the 3ds? For me would a transfer be a waste of time? Is all the save data on the game cards?

Also, is the Xl really worth it? I hate the down grade in crispness but I have big hands... Like an easily palm a basketball big hands...this will be a much better fit and worth the upgrade alone right?

Also I will only do the upgrade if I can trade it in at GameStop as that is the best deal I feel...

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
all game data are saved on their cards so nothing to be scared about losing that stuff.

A system transfer for you seem pretty pointless since I can't even give you one reason to do it.

And the 3DSXL is better in every way. The only thing that should make you think twice is how deep your wallet is :P
Watch the video if you still have 2nd thoughs
[yt]jPciPoOfNEg[/yt]

EDIT: Quote: Everything is just a little bit nicer, and when everyting is just a little bit nice and you take it on the whole, it really makes a noticeable difference

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard, stuff like Miis and friend codes and saved games from the eshop and the like are stored on the 3DS. I would assume the save game data is on the game cards like the DS games before hand.

And yeah, nearly everyone has said the 3DS XL is great for those with big hands.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need to go to a friendly retailer. My experience at the local Gamestop was fine. It took about 45 minutes for all my stuff to transfer, I used my phone as a mobile hotspot for the necessary WiFi access.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I have a question. When you transfer over everything, how do you deal with the SD cards? I have a 32GB SD card loaded with demos and games and stuff. Would I have to get a second SD card for the transfer, stick the 32GB one in the new one before transfer? What?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.