Hardware 3DS Top Screen Occasional Vertical Line

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guise, halp. Sometimes, my 3DS's top screen has a weird vertical line show up for like a half-second. I just started noticing it yesterday, and the only game I've been playing is Fire Emblem Awakening, only in 3D, if that's of any significance. Is this artifacting? Loose connection?

avran89

ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of that problem and I've been grinding on Fire Emblem for hours since I got it a few weeks ago. If you suspect the screen is damaged I would call Nintendo and get it sent in, especially if you're still under warranty.

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of that problem and I've been grinding on Fire Emblem for hours since I got it a few weeks ago. If you suspect the screen is damaged I would call Nintendo and get it sent in, especially if you're still under warranty.
No warranty, and I checked on their site and they wanna charge me $85. Think I'll just buy a new 3DS. Maybe an XL.

avran89

ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunate, I would check if there is a local electronic shop where you live to the repairs cheaper. Or just live it the damaged screen until you get a XL version.

If the screen isn't that noticeable, I would try to trade it in at Gamestop toward the cost of a new/used XL

Green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it due to the bugs in Fire Emblem? I had the same problem with a gray line occasionally appearing, sliding down the screen, and then appearing on the other side sometimes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt