OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepr...DBF3CFE9BF5ACDF
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php...1904&page=6

Ok I found this on another site so I thought you all should see. The diagram clearly shows TWO GPU cores.
and a vibration motor.
seems pretty reasonable to me but not official.
these people are speculating like we have been so take it all with a pinch of salt methinks.

also this is on here too:

3DS DS PSP Iphone3GS
GPU 2* DMP Pica 200 @ 200 MHz Nintendo Proprietary Sony Proprietary powerVR SGX535
Vertex Performance
(Triangles per Second) 30.6 Million 120 Thousand 33 Million 28 Million
Fillrate
(Pixels per Second) 1.6 Billion 30 Million 664 Million 500 Million
as you can see the fill rate per 200Mhz PICA 200 chip is higher than the max filtrate of the PSP (actual performance is probably lower as the PSP utilises the CPU heavily to generate graphics as it's an early system on a chip without proper dedicated GPU component) and if the patent diagram holds true will be well over double, much of that will probably be eaten up by the stereoscopic 3D. well doing research I also found that power consumption is ~1mW per 1Mhz which is very good.

3ds_diagram.jpg

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Holy shi-
Two Pica200s? That's insane! In that case, there can be even further debate as to whether this is using the '06 or '08 model.

Of course, we all should take this with a grain of salt. Though it's plausable, given the extremely low power requirements of the pica200.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At first when this system comes out it doesn't matter what game it is everything will seem interesting in 3d, so im not surprised by everyone instantly wanting to develop for the 3ds.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scorpin200 said:
At first when this system comes out it doesn't matter what game it is everything will seem interesting in 3d, so im not surprised by everyone instantly wanting to develop for the 3ds.
Wrong if I see a Zelda game and then see a Tetris 3D game, I get the Zelda game 'cause Zelda should be a better game...

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Wowee! 2 GPUs and VRAMs? Double the delight, to be sure.

A devoted CPU for each screen means that everyone who was fretting about the 3DS having ugly graphics because of it having to process the 3D effect can put their minds at ease.
tongue.gif

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Despite I can only see two (not three) camera connectors, and two WiFi units (what for?), the diagram looks convincing. I doubt they'll use 400Mhz chips, but at least for non-stereoscopic games, developers could use one Pica200 to render the upper half of the screen and the second one for the lower.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
pachura said:
Despite I can only see two (not three) camera connectors, and two WiFi units (what for?), the diagram looks convincing. I doubt they'll use 400Mhz chips, but at least for non-stereoscopic games, developers could use one Pica200 to render the upper half of the screen and the second one for the lower.

It could have one wifi unit doing all the crosspass stuff and the other for multiplayer, so you can play a game online while it downloads new levels for another game using the other unit?

Strange only 2x camera's. Maybe one hitches a ride on the other input somehow?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hova1 said:
the diagram shows 2 cameras, but the 3DS has 3 cameras. this can't be right.
It can be front and back camera, not each of them.
else, it would be the same for each input as button, pad, and analo ? oh, they forgot to connect the chipset with the inputs
nyanya.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You might have noticed that, since the bottom screen is smaller, it is playing a smaller role in games. It won't be doing any heavy duty visuals. No dev wants all their impressive graphics on a small 2D screen. I'm thinkin it will be mainly used for its touch screen. Since this will almost certainly have an ARM7 CPU, they could have that handle the bottom screen like they did with the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass