3ds to cia saves pokemon

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fatboynate, Nov 24, 2014.

1. fatboynate
    OP

fatboynate Bringer of Freedom

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    Okay so what if i wanted to use my or save from my redcard on my or cia?​
    i have the redcard type 2 save main backed up with datafiler so it should just be a case of importing the main to the cia version right?​
    like i would if i was restoring the save i had exported from the cia version originally?​

2. Sorox

Sorox Master Firo Soul

Jul 8, 2008
    United States
    çİş
    IIRC, importing a save into a cia installed to NAND is much harder than importing a save to a GW Menu game. Not entirely sure, but im pretty sure you have to get the OR cia, decrypt the entire thing, find where the save is located, replace it, and then re-encrypt it and re-install the OR cia. Whereas, with the game in the gw menu, you just have to load it up, go to savedatafiler, and just find the save in your sd and import it.

This is all just from what I remember though, so do a little research before you take my word as fact.

3. fatboynate
    OP

fatboynate Bringer of Freedom

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    i got my save to work but it crashed the 3ds when i tried to load it from the continue menu, so im going to try and see the cia data filer sav has dummy data the the cart/gateway doesnt have