3DS System Update V9.5.0-23U/E/J *Regionthree Patched* *Sky3DS Works*

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by EvilMakiPR, Mar 3, 2015.

1. EvilMakiPR
    OP

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    www.sky3ds.com/news.html

2. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    I wouldn't worry about regionthree, we still have the cubic ninja entrypoint which could surely be modified to load regionthree, since it is almost the same hack.

3. EvilMakiPR
    OP

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    I read that the web exploit to inject Pokemon on x&Y and ORAS has also been patched. Anyone knows?

4. dandymanz

dandymanz GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2014
    Senegal
    That's what i like about this Sky3ds company! Very timely updates for their customers. People know they are not sleeping on their job.

5. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    Sky3DS is supported by Nintendo.

.:drk_drgn:. and Deboog like this.
  6. Warel

Warel Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2015
    Brazil
    DSTwo working?

7. Plasmastar510

Plasmastar510 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    Very timely at gloating... They didn't have to update anything, except posts boasting their non-blockance.

8. HiddenFloor

HiddenFloor Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    Merrimack, New Hampshire
    I understand not wanting to listen to bragging about how its "unblockable" from pure ignorance, but getting pissy because someone is pointing out that they are timely makes you look like a child

king_leo likes this.
  9. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    How come you have cubic ninja entry point on v9.5? I refuse to believe you. Or am I missing something here?

10. Helper

Helper GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Again, "timely" at what, exactly? What have they done? Have they released some sort of update to support 9.5.0-23? A new file to download? Or is it just that Sky3DS happens to still work on the newest firmware?

Because if it's the latter, they haven't done anything "timely" because they haven't done anything. If you're driving your car and, a few hours into the trip, note that it hasn't broken down, would you praise your mechanic for keeping your car working in a "timely" fashion?

Plasmastar510 likes this.
  11. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    Yeah man fuck those companies that point out vital information about a flashcard, people don't need to know that it works on the new updates.

But it's not a car is it? It's a tool made to play roms, something that a company would most definitely like to patch. Now when you spend $100 on a flashcard you want to know if updating is okay and that you won't be permanently locked out of using your flashcard.

12. HiddenFloor

HiddenFloor Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    Merrimack, New Hampshire
    First off, terrible metaphor. You never check that your car is working "in a timely fashion" that doesn't make sense. Secondly, they were timely with informing consumers that it was still functional on the newest update (i.e. timely).

13. Helper

Helper GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Fair enough. I assumed the statement was that Sky is timely in providing updates to maintain support for the newest firmwares; whereas the statement was actually that Sky is timely in providing updated news as to whether it remains compatible with the newest firmware. My mistake. I agree with the latter claim.

HiddenFloor and king_leo like this.
  14. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Nintendo hasn't actually patched the vulnerabilities inside of the QR function of Cubic Ninja. What was patched in 9.3 were the system vulnerabilities that allowed booting the homebrew loader. Cubic Ninja's vulnerability still allows possible ROP chains to happen that could work on the latest firmware.

15. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Running the CN 9.2 exploit on new3dsxl 9.5.0-23 actually gets to the ninjhax loading screen but locks up at 70%. So it's definitely running rop, maybe even a little bit of code. (edit: can confirm it still notches the browser counter up 1 as well)

16. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Thanx for the info guys :)

17. Plasmastar510

Plasmastar510 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    I don't see how I'm being childish by pointing out that they are boasting. They put no effort into their actions whether they were "timely" or not. That to me seems to be immature.

But I have reconsidered my stance and maybe they are just trying to provide informational status.