Homebrew 3ds system transfer question

Cjmcgiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I have a o3ds running 9.2 and another o3ds factory reset running 11.0 and I system transfer the 3ds running 9.2 over to the 3ds running 11.0 would the 3ds running 11.0 become system firmware 9.2 (this is probobly a noob question but I have never done a system transfer before and cannot find the answer on the internet.)

If this does not work is there any other way of doing this?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I have heard of a way to downgrade 11.0 using the game fieldrunners, is there any other way of downgrading 11.0 without hardmod?
No, the Fieldrunners exploit needs to be done from a system with custom firmware. Or you could get a hardmod. Those are your only two options.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: olec04

mehmeh11

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
though you could probably get a CFW on your 9.2 3ds (and if you can install the freeshop, maybe fieldrunners is there, but IDK if the exploit would work there)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
though you could probably get a CFW on your 9.2 3ds (and if you can install the freeshop, maybe fieldrunners is there, but IDK if the exploit would work there)
You are correct that you can use CFW on the 9.2, which from there you could just create an emuNAND purely for the system transfer to downgrade a 11.0 3ds. But you are horribly wrong about using freeshop for fieldrunners. The game HAS to be a legitimate purchase from eShop, otherwise it won't transfer over system transfer. Meaning freeShop downloads will not system transfer.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I have a o3ds running 9.2 and another o3ds factory reset running 11.0 and I system transfer the 3ds running 9.2 over to the 3ds running 11.0 would the 3ds running 11.0 become system firmware 9.2 (this is probobly a noob question but I have never done a system transfer before and cannot find the answer on the internet.)

If this does not work is there any other way of doing this?
You have to update your system before doing a system transfer, so that won't work. You can set up your 9.2 system and do the fieldrunners downgrade, but I'd suggest waiting because something really big is coming in about a month.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have to update your system before doing a system transfer, so that won't work. You can set up your 9.2 system and do the fieldrunners downgrade, but I'd suggest waiting because something really big is coming in about a month.
What is coming in about a month? System version 11.1?

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've seen you in every thread I visited, shushing people who have theories. Are you the mastermind behind all this? Are you actually Primal Plailect? AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS HERE?
You could probably find it if you look for it, but it would be best to stay quiet about it because Nintendo might find out.
;)

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ssssssshhhhh ;)
You could probably find it if you look for it, but it would be best to stay quiet about it because Nintendo might find out.
At this point I'm just going to believe there is nothing going to happen and you two are just spreading misinformation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1