Hacking 3DS System Transfer dificulties. (Emunand to sysnand).

Walo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I tried doing a system transfer from my old Emunand 3DS to a n3DS that already had CFW installed. The 4GB SD card from the N3DS wasn't able to perform the low capacity transfer so I had to do the PC route.I figured I could just pop in the SD card from the old 3DS (was a using a micro SD adaptor) as long as I copied over the firm.bin files and the like. Some basic system things did transfer, like eshop data, but I don't have my friend code nor does it detect my old save data if I downloaded the old game again.

So the current scenario is a disaster. Both systems were essentially formatted and lost all the non legit cia content and saves, without gaining anything really.

Snooping around https://3ds.guide/move-emunand I figured this could be what may be the issue. But a few peculiarities arose and I really don't want to screw up.
On the first step regarding DSiWare, on SYSNAND TWLN -> title, instead of a folder 00030004, there was a 00030005 and 0003000f folders. (no biggie I thought and did the same copy over to 0:/gm9/out”
Then on step 4 "Move Emunand to sysnand" things weren't not compatible at all. First, there's no [E:]Emunand Virtual option but there is a [S:]Sysnand Virtual folder, which also has a nand.bin file. When I select 'NAND image options', instead of "Restore SysNAND (safe) I get "mount image to drive", "update embedded backup" and "verify file".
Since that was very different, I decided to ask here what might be the issue since it's so confusing...

At this point, I only really want the save files I had on my n3DS prior to the transfer, the rest is extra.

Bl4zer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried doing a system transfer from my old Emunand 3DS to a n3DS that already had CFW installed. The 4GB SD card from the N3DS wasn't able to perform the low capacity transfer so I had to do the PC route.I figured I could just pop in the SD card from the old 3DS (was a using a micro SD adaptor) as long as I copied over the firm.bin files and the like. Some basic system things did transfer, like eshop data, but I don't have my friend code nor does it detect my old save data if I downloaded the old game again.

So the current scenario is a disaster. Both systems were essentially formatted and lost all the non legit cia content and saves, without gaining anything really.

Snooping around I figured this could be what may be the issue. But a few peculiarities arose and I really don't want to screw up.
On the first step regarding DSiWare, on SYSNAND TWLN -> title, instead of a folder 00030004, there was a 00030005 and 0003000f folders. (no biggie I thought and did the same copy over to 0:/gm9/out”
Then on step 4 "Move Emunand to sysnand" things weren't not compatible at all. First, there's no [E:]Emunand Virtual option but there is a [S:]Sysnand Virtual folder, which also has a nand.bin file. When I select 'NAND image options', instead of "Restore SysNAND (safe) I get "mount image to drive", "update embedded backup" and "verify file".
Since that was very different, I decided to ask here what might be the issue since it's so confusing...

At this point, I only really want the save files I had on my n3DS prior to the transfer, the rest is extra.
Walo,
I am having the same issue that you are having. Did you ever figure out what the deal is with the 0030004 file? I have scoured GodMod and i wasn't able to find the file anyhwere.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Delete the Nintendo 3DS folder on the new 3DS SD card and copy over the one from the old console that you backed up before the transfer. This sort of thing can happen if you allow the console to create its own folder before copying over the other one, merging the contents. Merging is what causes issues.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the Nintendo 3DS folder on the new 3DS SD card and copy over the one from the old console that you backed up before the transfer. This sort of thing can happen if you allow the console to create its own folder before copying over the other one, merging the contents. Merging is what causes issues.
You can merge if you don't let the other console create new data if it didn't copy the entirety of the "Nintendo 3DS" folder as long as they have the exact same alpha-numeric string. I just recommend people back up their saves prior to system transfer to avoid the potential loss of data.

Bl4zer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can merge if you don't let the other console create new data if it didn't copy the entirety of the "Nintendo 3DS" folder as long as they have the exact same alpha-numeric string. I just recommend people back up their saves prior to system transfer to avoid the potential loss of data.

Thanks Majickhat! I really appreciate all the help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks Quantumcat! I really appreciate the help.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs