Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something quite peculiar is going on
my cousin recently gave me his two broken 3ds' to keep
one of them was perfectly fine, just had a broken battery
the other one was working hardware wise, but wouldn't boot into any games or software
it would just get stuck at the 3ds loading screen (the one with the red waves when loading up games)
i tried safe mode (holding L+R+A+Up and powering on the system), but the 3ds would just boot to a black screen
i have no idea what to do
i was considering homebrewing the thing to try and see if i could further attempt to fix it from there, but i need to open 3ds sound for soundhax to work (it's running an old version, likely 2.X or something)
anyways can anyone offer any assistance?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
something quite peculiar is going on
my cousin recently gave me his two broken 3ds' to keep
one of them was perfectly fine, just had a broken battery
the other one was working hardware wise, but wouldn't boot into any games or software
it would just get stuck at the 3ds loading screen (the one with the red waves when loading up games)
i tried safe mode (holding L+R+A+Up and powering on the system), but the 3ds would just boot to a black screen
i have no idea what to do
i was considering homebrewing the thing to try and see if i could further attempt to fix it from there, but i need to open 3ds sound for soundhax to work (it's running an old version, likely 2.X or something)
anyways can anyone offer any assistance?
Are they hacked at all? and what version if your able to see, is the console on?

frosDfurret

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are they hacked at all? and what version if your able to see, is the console on?
not hacked, and i can't tell as i can't open system settings. although i can tell it was a version before the themes update.
and i'm pretty sure my cousin broke it and stopped using it sometime in 2013 or 2014, so it was probably a version by that time.
also the one with the broken battery is hacked, and also working perfectly fine so no need for concern.

EDIT: Going to try and flash a CTRTransfer nand file after homebrewing with NTRBoot, wish me luck

Last edited by frosDfurret,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Here is hoping 2022 is a good year for DC cinematic universe
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Honestly don't really know what Dune is.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Anyone here know much about Jetbrains InteliJ Idea?
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Oh, T-hug was here :blink:
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Hey, where the admins at? Come in the chat. I got a idea. How bout a Sound notification or something when someone tags you in chat? :ninja:
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Post it in the v8 feedback thread
    Gift
  • Gift
  • OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983:
    Post what sorry? I'm guessing we were talking about this ages ago, but I haven't been on GBATemp in almost a year so my memory is failing me :-/
    Gift
    feedback and or bugs that may have popped up since the migration to XenForo 2!
    Gift
    Umm...I think you might have the wrong person, since that may as well have been written in Chinese. I have nothing to do with the management of this site, nor have I ever been involved. I'm just a member, and hardly even qualify as that...like I said my last post was almost a year ago lol
    Gift
    Lol no, Sonic Angel Knight had an idea, best would be to post it in that thread haha
    Gift
    Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    this new xenforo version keeps logging me out, whyh
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    not sure. I haven't had that issue. the only computer related issue I've been having is with my isp and the smtp server getting authentication errors randomly. I'm going to have to call them again. this started happening again after changing my password.
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    you may have to check the box that says "stay signed in." psx place used to have a problem like this for random people, including myself. that will prevent being logged out or it did anyway.
    Gift
    it's happened 3 times already and of course i ticked the box
    Gift
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Yeah happened to me as well
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    just installed gentoo, i came out alive somehow
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    honestly the install itself wasn't that hard, the hard part was getting my hardware to work
    Gift
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Is it true what they say, did your neck sprout hairs afterwards?
    Gift
    good luck actually using it
    Gift
  • Cnrisnm @ Cnrisnm:
    Hi
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    When I see a red light all I know is go
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Have you tried squid games based on your skills