Hacking 3DS stuck on 2.1 - read OP.

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically my friend followed the 3ds.guide just fine but his connection on a navy base he's on isn't exactly friendly and he can't run the arm11.bin to get arm9loaderhax, so he's stuck. I think I recall reading you can upgrade from a cart to 4.x and then upgrade back to 11.2, is that correct? He has a bunch of legit carts so that's the only thing I can think of. Soundhax isn't an option?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Basically my friend followed the 3ds.guide just fine but his connection on a navy base he's on isn't exactly friendly and he can't run the arm11.bin to get arm9loaderhax, so he's stuck. I think I recall reading you can upgrade from a cart to 4.x and then upgrade back to 11.2, is that correct? He has a bunch of legit carts so that's the only thing I can think of. Soundhax isn't an option?
What 3DS does he have?

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
He only has two ways

Wait to get a better internet, for him to install arm9loaderhax

Get a DS flashcart, use the cart update to 4.x, install MSET and launch Decrypt9 to CTR transfer back to N3DS 9.2 and update to 11.2
That would make him go back to square one since arm9loaderhax isn't intall yet.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
No, you WILL brick if you attempt this on a New 3DS.
You're half right and half wrong, cart update to 4.X is okay IIRC, but he can't update from there, since it can brick

I say this because a while ago, someone got stuck on 2.1 and needed to update back, with the help of the ppl from the guide, they got it fixed by following the steps I mentioned

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That would make him go back to square one since arm9loaderhax isn't intall yet.
Yep, I do know this, but do know he's in the Navy, which having a non functional 3DS would be boring lol

He can also go to 9.2 and use Menuhax. Just saying :P

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
He has a DSTWO - forgot about that. I can get his NAND restored but is there still a menuhax guide anywhere at all?
(Idk if DSTWO runs on 4.X, somebody can help me with that) well if my memory is correct, cart update to 4.X, Install Decrypt9 MSET, use CTR Transfer to 9.2(don't do this unless it's confirmed it works)

Make an issue request on Plailect's GitHub just in case, unless someone @ his name in here :)

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I have old 3ds on 2.1 and install arm9loaderhax i can update directly to latest firmware ?
Yes on O3DS, should work but better try NAND restoring or 9.2 CTRNAND transfer on 2DS.
Absolutly don't do that on N3DS or you will brick for sure, only use NAND restoring or 9.2 CTRNAND transfer.

Reactions: fmhugo

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
He's getting an error has occurred with the DSTWO on 4.5 - TWL firm fucked? Uh oh.
;-; did you read what I said? :(

(Idk if DSTWO runs on 4.X, somebody can help me with that) well if my memory is correct, cart update to 4.X, Install Decrypt9 MSET, use CTR Transfer to 9.2(don't do this unless it's confirmed it works)

Make an issue request on Plailect's GitHub just in case, unless someone @ his name in here :)
Now it's worse...Fuck I have no idea on what to do :/ TWL may be fucked...

I don't see another way man, I really don't know now...Ugh this is bad.

-----EDIT------

The fix worked before, but now it seems that it breaks TWLFirm...

I really do not see another way man...

Does he has a NAND backup?

Last edited by Tenshi_Okami,

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;-; did you read what I said? :(

Now it's worse...Fuck I have no idea on what to do :/ TWL may be fucked...

I don't see another way man, I really don't know now...Ugh this is bad.

-----EDIT------

The fix worked before, but now it seems that it breaks TWLFirm...

I really do not see another way man...

Does he has a NAND backup?
Yes - but I figure him finding someplace with stable internet would be better than a hardmod. Or just ship it to me and I could fix it.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yes - but I figure him finding someplace with stable internet would be better than a hardmod. Or just ship it to me and I could fix it.
There isn't any fix, unless hardmod...Sadly

I didn't really knew TWL would break, I'm certain it worked for other people before...Maybe something changed :/

Sorry..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water