3DS stuck in home menu and gets black screen

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kaos3force, Dec 2, 2016.

1. kaos3force
    OP

kaos3force Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    Hello Everyone,

I have been with my 3ds for over two years and about a year ago, it stopped working from one day to another. I recorded a video just to illustrate the behavior and hopefully someone can tell me if there is any fix for it. I tried recovery mode to update the 3ds, but the problem remains.

Thanks in advance

2. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Looks like a corrupt home menu. Did you do anything with fonts or any mods to the home menu at all?

3. kaos3force
    OP

kaos3force Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    Hi there. I remember that I was playing smash bros 3ds in the night. The next day, when I try to turn on the 3ds, the corrupted menu happened and it just stuck there. The 3ds is not hacked.

4. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    The exact same thing happened to me, under the same circumstances. Near launch day O3DS? Only Ninty can fix that.

5. kaos3force
    OP

kaos3force Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    Ninty = nintendo?

6. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    odd i have a launch day o3ds that i drop all the time and it is and always was fine:unsure:

7. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    Was an update preformed just before this happened? Have you tried using another SD card at all? Or booting without maybe...

8. kaos3force
    OP

kaos3force Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    I tried without an SD card and the update was performed after the corruption. I used the recovery mode.