Homebrew 3DS stops reading SD card just like that [read inside]

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

First off, I used a 4GB SD Card on Wii U, which works perfectly fine, no problem. The 8GB SD Card I had in my 3DS works fine, no problems aswell.

I decided to use the 8GB for Wii U, and the 4GB for 3DS, so I deleted some games to make space for the 4GB card and backed up the whole SD Card, so the Nintendo 3DS folder and the folders with the numbers.
I formatted emuNAND to make an emuNAND partition on the 4GB SD Card and transferred the 8GB SD Card emuNAND to the 4GB SD Card.

When I wanted to put the backup I made on the 4GB SD Card, I found out that I forgot to delete a game, so I went to the 3DS folder, and deldeted the biggest folder in the 3DS folder, and some folder with numbers. It appeared to be Smash 4 as the icon was still there, which I deleted from System Settings 3DS System Software.

Like I said, the 3DS reads the SD Cards for a few minutes, so I could do that, so I didn't know there was a problem rightaway then.

I started seeing the problem with the SD Card when my emuNAND was black screen after getting out of sleep mode. Sometimes even after a few seconds when I boot the 3DS again, I get a message 'Could not access the SD Card'. When I re-insert it, it reads again, but stops reading it after a few minutes again.
What is the problem and why it behaves like that all of a sudden while the SD Card works on Wii U just fine?

Summary:
- Make 8GB SD Card backup.
- Format 4GB SD Card emuNAND for use with the 3DS.
- Transferred 8GB SD Card emuNAND to 4GB SD Card.
- Upon trying to put the the backup I made onto the 4GB Card, finding out there was not enough space, deleted a title by going into the Nintendo 3DS folder\some numbers or something, appeared to be Smash 4. I did that on the PC btw.
- Put the backup on the 4GB SD Card.
- Deleted the Smash 4 icon off the Home Menu in 3DS Software.
- Boot emuNAND, works fine.
- Finding out that there's a problem.
- Seeing the scary message: 'Could not access the SD Card.'
- ???

What to do now?

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think that's where a problem occurred. What kind of card reader are you using? A little error on the emunand side of the card is enough to bring down the whole 3DS.

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the best thing is to reformat my SD Card and create a new emuNAND and update that one I guess?
Isn't the Smash delete title via the computer causing the issue, or was it transferring the emuNAND?

Because I don't want to lose my StreetPass data for the games in StreetPass Mii Plaza.

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

First off, I used a 4GB SD Card on Wii U, which works perfectly fine, no problem. The 8GB SD Card I had in my 3DS works fine, no problems aswell.

I decided to use the 8GB for Wii U, and the 4GB for 3DS, so I deleted some games to make space for the 4GB card and backed up the whole SD Card, so the Nintendo 3DS folder and the folders with the numbers.
I formatted emuNAND to make an emuNAND partition on the 4GB SD Card and transferred the 8GB SD Card emuNAND to the 4GB SD Card.

When I wanted to put the backup I made on the 4GB SD Card, I found out that I forgot to delete a game, so I went to the 3DS folder, and deldeted the biggest folder in the 3DS folder, and some folder with numbers. It appeared to be Smash 4 as the icon was still there, which I deleted from System Settings 3DS System Software.

Like I said, the 3DS reads the SD Cards for a few minutes, so I could do that, so I didn't know there was a problem rightaway then.

I started seeing the problem with the SD Card when my emuNAND was black screen after getting out of sleep mode. Sometimes even after a few seconds when I boot the 3DS again, I get a message 'Could not access the SD Card'. When I re-insert it, it reads again, but stops reading it after a few minutes again.
What is the problem and why it behaves like that all of a sudden while the SD Card works on Wii U just fine?

Summary:
- Make 8GB SD Card backup.
- Format 4GB SD Card emuNAND for use with the 3DS.
- Upon trying to put the the backup I made onto the 4GB Card, finding out there was not enough space, deleted a title by going into the Nintendo 3DS folder\some numbers or something, appeared to be Smash 4. I did that on the PC btw.
- Put the backup on the 4GB SD Card.
- Deleted the Smash 4 icon off the Home Menu in 3DS Software.
- Boot emuNAND, works fine.
- Finding out that there's a problem.
- Seeing the scary message: 'Could not access the SD Card.'
- ???

What to do now?
This is a standard SD card, right? See if the physical 'lock' switch has been moved (top left corner of SD card most of the time). If it has, then of course your 3DS wouldn't be able to use it.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How did you transfer the emuNAND from your 8GB to your 4GB?
How about deleting Smash at the very start instead through your 3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: