3DS startscreen on VC Yellow after downgrade to 9.2

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by CLOUD9RED, Feb 29, 2016.

1. CLOUD9RED
    OP

CLOUD9RED GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    So I had the legit copy of the game on my newly bought 2DS. The firmware was 10.2.28E. I've decided to downgrade to 9.2 which successfully happened, but I can't seem to to play my game anymore. What did I do wrong and what are possible solutions? Thank you.

2. Grim Ripper

Grim Ripper GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Greece
    You did nothing wrong.
    The game just won't play on 9.2 firmware, it needs 9.6+ if i remember correctly.

Solution:
    Make an emunand and use a custom firmware (rxtools) then upgrade the emunand to the latest firmware.
    You'll be able to play VC Yellow. :)

3. CLOUD9RED
    OP

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    Thanks, well finally I manage to play it again on the CFW (9.2)
    I do have a problem now with booting. I'd like to boot straight into Emunand if possible. How do I do that?

4. Scarlet

Scarlet Rydeen

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    The simple solution is to setup Menuhax using the Menuhax Manager app in the Homebrew Starter Kit ^^ It essentially launches the boot.3dsx file when the themes are loaded on the home menu, so it's fairly good.

If you want a more advanced solution, you can look into arm9loaderhax, but if you want that, be sure to do your reading first.

5. Grim Ripper

Jan 25, 2016
    Greece
    Like @ScarletKohaku said setup menuhax.
    I suggest you use ctrbootmanager so you can choose emunand or homebrew launcher (though it'll be sysnand homebrew launcher) and you can have different custom firmwares for the emunand to choose from (rxtools, cakes, reinand).

6. CLOUD9RED
    OP

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    Thank you, I got it working again, I changed some starter files because after some time it got a mess and then I could get back to menuhax again.
    Now it's working as followed:

"To open Homebrew using the Modified Boot.3dsx Hold "L" while you turn on your 3DS;
    To open SysNAND using the Modified Boot.3dsx Hold "R" while you turn on your 3DS;
    To open EmuNAND using the Modified Boot.3dsx dont hold anything while you turn on your 3DS;"

I do have 2 more questions,

1.I can do this with a 2nd SD card too, right? Starting all over and have another EMUnand?
    2 Can I delete the Nand.bin file from my SD card? (I have a copy saved elsewhere)

7. Grim Ripper

Jan 25, 2016
    Greece
    1. Yes
    2. If you are sure you have it saved somewhere then yeah.

CLOUD9RED likes this.