Gaming 3DS simple question

squall670

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my 3DS from the store, and I'm sure most ppl are tired of hearing questions about it, and yes I did search but was having to look through 4000 something posts.

But I have a simple question, I want to access the Nintendo Store thing on the 3DS before there are too many updates or anything that might keep me from being able to use an eventual 3DS cart if one is ever made, but the manual was saying I'd have to update just to get access to it. So should I not even bother and just not worry about the store for virtual console games like GBA and all that?

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Store update will most likely be the one which is due to come in May.

If you want to have access to the store then I guess you should not be worrying about getting a 3DS card as Nintendo will most likely block store access through firmware updates anyway for those with flash cards.

I think it is going to be like it is now with the PS3, update and make your flashcard useless or keep your old firmware and leave the store&updates.

At the moment nobody can really say how and whether it will be possible to update the future flashcards along with Nintendo's firmware updates.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
The shop isnt avaiable till may. N has released only 1 update, u should update, it doesnt block any flashcarts
EDIT:
ninja.gif
'd

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The update for the store will be there in may an nobody knows when there will be a 3d flashcard so im gonna update it in may because we dknt know when theres an working flashcard! Wow got double ninjad!

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The eStore and browser will come with the big update in may. Just update, the 3DS won't be hacked anytime soon anyway and newer games will most probably have built-in updates that are required to play them anyway.

Damn when I started typing there was no reply at all.

squall670

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aight. I won't worry too much about a flashcart right now then and just do updates and net stuff. But so far I'm LOVING my 3DS this thing is awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.