Tutorial 3DS Screen Recording without a Capture Card (NTR CFW Method)

culturedenough

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is anybody experiencing an issue with NitroMac where you are able to establish a connection between the 3DS and the mac but nothing appears on the NTRViewer panel? I'm consistently able to connect to my 3DS, and there is that pink and blue flash before it links, but there is just blank space on the viewer panel itself.

BikeLazer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anybody experiencing an issue with NitroMac where you are able to establish a connection between the 3DS and the mac but nothing appears on the NTRViewer panel? I'm consistently able to connect to my 3DS, and there is that pink and blue flash before it links, but there is just blank space on the viewer panel itself.

I'm struggling to get the NTR Viewer panel to open. I've installed NiTRoMac, updated the boot file on 3DS SD card, and enabled plugins in Rosalina, I can launch Boot NTR 3.6 successfully on 3DS, but when I click the 3DS icon in NiTRoMac, no viewer panel opens. Any help would be awesome!

Last edited by BikeLazer,

joshua_bmw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I think I posted this somewhere else by accident because I rarely use GBAtemp or more like it's my first time posting but I have recently had an issue with NiTRoMac where My 3ds works perfectly after pressing the 3ds button on the Mac for NiTRoMac to work but on my Mac the menu that is usually suppose to show (which is your top and bottom screen of your 3ds) is completely blank and only showing the words NTRViewer, the quality, and frames. Btw I did update to the newest Mac version 11.2.3 Big Sur and I'm not sure if that is the problem or not but I have been trying to restart my laptop and deleting NiTRoMac but nothing is working so any help would be appreciated. Here is a picture of what is going on too. The picture is to show how NiTRoMac looks right now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 5.47.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 5.47.36 PM.png
    881.6 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: toastydepression

doicm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your PC does not have a line-in port, you can purchase a cheap 3.5mm audio input to USB dongle on Amazon.

I don't recommend this. I tried this with my New 3DS XL a few years ago, and it ended up bricking my 3ds because of the power surge.

Find a line-in port if at all possible. If it's not possible, don't do the above.

inetkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I think I posted this somewhere else by accident because I rarely use GBAtemp or more like it's my first time posting but I have recently had an issue with NiTRoMac where My 3ds works perfectly after pressing the 3ds button on the Mac for NiTRoMac to work but on my Mac the menu that is usually suppose to show (which is your top and bottom screen of your 3ds) is completely blank and only showing the words NTRViewer, the quality, and frames. Btw I did update to the newest Mac version 11.2.3 Big Sur and I'm not sure if that is the problem or not but I have been trying to restart my laptop and deleting NiTRoMac but nothing is working so any help would be appreciated. Here is a picture of what is going on too. The picture is to show how NiTRoMac looks right now.
look for the "cuteNTR" thread on GBAtemp. LeifEricson is the OP. I was trying to get streaming set back up on my N3DS after no word on the NITROMac side for years, and cuteNTR works perfectly for me. Big Sur (11.2.3)

DeRiften

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it normal that my battery life seems to get cut in half when I use NTR CFW? And if so, when does it drain more battery, when I'm actively using NTR Viewer, or whenever I've launched Boot NTR?

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue installing NTR. There is a big warning on there that it doesn't work on the latest luma3ds and offers a workaround but it seems that workaround is just for modding games. Doesn't work to fix the inability to stream to PC.

ParzivalWolfram

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This runs really awful on my network, even with both devices right next to my router, which isn't a slouch by any means. Shame they didn't boost the New revision hardware to 802.11b/g/n...

ryansspace

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ryansspace.net
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much!! I'm at my dad's and my networking stuff is at my moms, including my PC and Router... It works alright here on a 2011 MacBook Pro and with a crappy router, but I can't WAIT to get back and see the full potential of this! I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to help people like me :D

EDIT: Tried this with my actual computer/network gear and this worked AMAZINGLY! Any way to record in DS mode? I doubt not, just curious

Last edited by ryansspace,

Axujsho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry if this is past the point you wanna work on this, but GB and GBC VC games show up discolored. In GB games everything's blue and the GB border is yellow, and in GBC games, white is yellow, black is navy, and the GBC border is all blue, for example. There are other discolorations but they're more subtle, like orange looking pink-ish or light blue looking green-ish.
I'm having the same issue. Does anyone know a way to fix it?

shortmtman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all - I am wanting to stream my 2DS XL gameplay to my 2020 MacBook Air.

I have read the pages in this forum and have followed all of them to the "T" and still cannot get this to work.

1st off, system versions:
- my Mac is running Big Sur
- my 2DS XL is running SYS 11.13.0-45U

The 3DS is already modded and has Luma and NTR CFW installed - I installed the PabloMK7 version.
I followed the creator's instructions on downloading NiTRoMac - I downloaded the 7z file and renamed it to be NiTRoMac.7z.002 and NiTRoMac.7z.001 respectively and then unzipped with Keka and Unarchiver. I have NiTRoMac up and running successfully. I have added the IP address correctly (I am able to see what devices are connected to my router and what their IP addresses are and I also confirmed this through the Homebrew Launcher and my 2DS settings). When I click on the DS icon after adding the correct IP address and hit enter, nothing happens. I made sure that NTR CFW was running in the background on my DS and everything.

I just cannot for the life of me figure this thing out. If someone could please provide help or let me know if this is even possible, I would greatly appreciate it.

@darkten

Last edited by shortmtman,

Eneruel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This guide still works?

I'm sorry if I asking again, but I must buy a new console (with cfw) and I want to know if this guide is stil good to do the screen recording. I would not want to spend money and then not be able to do anything

Thanks in advance :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Aren't aliens always nude unless they conform to human ways