1. Seriel

Seriel aspiring cutie~

United Kingdom
    It won't work. This method relies on the extra processing power that the N3DS has.

Ruto likes this.
  2. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    yeah old 3ds would need a capture card

Ruto likes this.
  3. Genevieve

Genevieve Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I downloaded this to my N3DS about a year ago and it worked when I tested it, but I never really used it. I was trying to use it today but even after making sure I follow every step correctly, the 3DS screen won't pop up on my computer. Is anyone else having this issue?

4. BuddyRoach

BuddyRoach Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i just use Citra to record gameplay now. All I ever really needed to capture footage of my NSMB2 hack. So for my situation, this works. And my computer can run this at 100% so I am ok.

5. Platinuuum

Platinuuum Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, like, it works. But, it barely works. It'll sometimes connect, but will not always connect. Is it because of bandwidth consumption on other devices? (I live in a house of 5 people)

EDIT: Works if I change theme back to normal.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  6. NekoMichi

OP NekoMichi Retro Collector

Hmm, this is new.
    If I had to guess, I'd say that a non-default theme is taking up too much system resources? It doesn't sound very likely though. Did your non-default theme have animations or background music?

7. Platinuuum

Platinuuum Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I mean theme as in the Kit-Kat-Slim theme. You can change color options, and only the basic white one works.
    upload_2018-12-31_17-59-17.png

8. UnwantedFortune

UnwantedFortune Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Both things checked, still getting this error.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 209.33.23.20:8000
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
    at ntrbase.NTR.connectToServer(Boolean Stream)
    at kit_kat.MainForm.connect(String host, Int32 port, Boolean closeNTR)
    at kit_kat.MainForm.ConnectButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at kit_kat.MaterialButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 209.33.23.20:8000
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<---

file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

Any idea's what I've done wrong here?

9. aliasgir

aliasgir Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone know if this method work ONLY for the 2015 and 2017 models, or do all newer models also include the hardware needed for the streaming features?

10. NekoMichi

All models marketed as "new" will support this, they are shown on the diagram in the first post.

11. DiabloronTerus

Newcomer

France
  12. DiabloronTerus
    This message by DiabloronTerus has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Mar 22, 2019, Reason: Dupe.
    Mar 22, 2019 Show
  13. xmeehan

xmeehan Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi all,

I recently followed these instructions to stream from my device but I'm having an issue when I try to play Animal Crossing: New Leaf online. When I open my gates the game gives me a connection error. Sometimes the gates open but then when a player tries to visit the game gives a connection error. I also can't visit other towns. Is this an issue anyone else has occurred? Is there a way to fix it? If not, any tips on troubleshooting? These are the only modifications I've made to my device and streaming operates properly as long as I don't try to play online. I don't have any connection issues with my unmodified device. Thanks in advance.

14. NekoMichi

Unfortunately, this is a known issue. Online interactions are not compatible with the streaming software, and the two will interfere with each other.

15. xmeehan

xmeehan Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    That's a bit disappointing. I know others are able to stream and play online at the same time (even using Kit Kat); do you know what kind of setup they have that allows that?

16. AnnoyingBokoblin

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Not that long ago I set this up to record/stream my 3DS, and it worked perfectly, I managed to do a 4 hour livestream of Majora's Mask 3D.
    Now, however whenever I try, I just get a white screen displayed.
    I'm pretty sure it is still connecting, as when I just try with the 3DS off, it brings up an error, however here simply displays white screen.

I've tried the following already with no results:
    • Using NTR CFW 3.2, 3.3, 3.6
    • Doing it with debug mode on.
    • Disabling firewall (on both pc and network), as well as antivirus whilst trying.
    • Uninstalling / reinstalling Kit Kat Slim.
    • Varying the settings in Kit Kat Slim.
    Any ideas as to what else may be causing the white screen?

Hope I provided the right details, and sorry if I've gone about this wrong in some way, I'm new here, seeing as nobody on Reddit would help.

Thanks for reading this, and any possible answers!

17. NekoMichi

Your 3DS' IP address might be changing. Can you check your console's IP address and retry?

18. AnnoyingBokoblin

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I checked in the Luma debugger, and it appears to be the same.
    I do get the "Successfully Connected" appear on Kit Kat Slim, so I think the IP is fine, just that there is something happening to the data maybe.

19. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBATemp's official Weedle fan-HAT-ic!

United States
    If you are recording audio on the PC, is there anyway for you to listen to the sound with a headset or something?

20. Acro

Acro Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Im having issues connecting my 3ds to Nitromac, I checked my ip using the Homebrew launcher and the internet browser on the 3ds. They both showed different IPs but after trying both, after I hit the 3ds on the app it did nothing.

edit: solved.

Whenever I try to stream it only shows the top screen on the ntr viewer from nitro Mac

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  21. kamaliw

kamaliw Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey sorry if this is past the point you wanna work on this, but GB and GBC VC games show up discolored. In GB games everything's blue and the GB border is yellow, and in GBC games, white is yellow, black is navy, and the GBC border is all blue, for example. There are other discolorations but they're more subtle, like orange looking pink-ish or light blue looking green-ish.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Recording, without, Capture