Tutorial 3DS Screen Recording without a Capture Card (NTR CFW Method)

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the BootNTR from this thread or this thread? It's been updated to work on 11.1.
Thanks! I was just using the one that the tutorial linked.

Edit: Now I have another problem :l when I launch Nitro Stream, and press connect, I get this Error:
ERR: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

Last edited by MegaKyurem,

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually getting that exact same error. Sometimes I do get an NTRViewer window, but it's always blank.

ElGriego

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anyone getting this error:
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Someone has figured it out why this happen?

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Edit: Now I have another problem :l when I launch Nitro Stream, and press connect, I get this Error:
ERR: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

That error is because the game that you're trying to open sends the order to cut any internet transmission before entering certain specific areas or functions. Pokemon, both Zeldas (dunno why yet), Monster Hunter(any) have this issue.
Before you start the on screen transmission, use the "Send Memory patch" button to send the code so that the 3ds doesn't disconnect from the internet and ignore those games calls. It'll send the patch signal and after it says "Ok Patched", you can now connect Nitro Stream to get to the online section of such games.

For pokemon, which seems to be a special case, it's better to start the streaming and patch on the PSS, before you connect, but this can vary...that's how the wiki states and i have seen progress doing it as explained. Hope this little info helps.

As for my issue. I don't know if it's the quantity of packets my router can possibly handle (or perhaps because i'm doing the whole process wirelessly (and maybe i shouldn't)), but i can't seem to get more than 80-94% of quality for my screen streaming, with jumping 25-40fps all the time.
Since i don't have a "minimum" settings established, nor i know for one "optimum" stable framerate setting, what exactly should i aim for for at least constant 93-94% and at least 40fps for streaming?
So far, i have configured Nitro to be (for most games):
Top=1, Bot=0, Priority Factor=5, Picture quality=90%, QoS Value=101, Priority=Top
Yet it does give me the aforementioned results of 25-40fps.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Geezerdorf,

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that's true. For me, the error is occurring on the home menu with no game running, so there's no reason I'd be getting the order to cut internet transmission.

Looking back through the thread, there was something about that message actually being normal/intended, but I'm not sure about that. Either way, I'm never getting anything except white in the NTRviewer, and that's on the rare times it even opens.

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think that's true. For me, the error is occurring on the home menu with no game running, so there's no reason I'd be getting the order to cut internet transmission.

Looking back through the thread, there was something about that message actually being normal/intended, but I'm not sure about that. Either way, I'm never getting anything except white in the NTRviewer, and that's on the rare times it even opens.

Sometimes, this message is generated by the system when it detects an unstable connection that comes and goes, but it's more related to online games like those described in my last post. Maybe you could try to get closer to your router to see if that works. if it still happens, try patching it with the "send memory patch" before starting to stream the screens.
If it is indeed the network, that may be the reason for your computer to show blank screens.
Another possibility is that the 3ds may be connecting to a channel that another device uses. Make sure that your 3ds is the only one connecting on the router on said channel by checking in your router's settings. Other devices on the same channel can generate conflicts with Nitro Stream, which could cause to not show anything properly.
The last thing i'm thinking that could be troubling you... have you got the latest release of NTRCFW? Maybe the debug mode of past versions makes conflicts with the recent update for Nitro Stream, and vice versa.

Hope this helps, and i hope someone can share as well some "good" or "decent" wireless streaming settings as well. I'm in need of references :P

ADDENDUM: Oh! I forgot! Make sure you enabled the TCP and UDP ports in your firewall manually. Yes, Nitro does it for you automatically, but it's not that bad to double-check they're open for listening.

Last edited by Geezerdorf,

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Connecting...
ERR: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
... help

Sounds to me that either the system isn't in debug mode as @NekoMichi said (since it couldn't find the system), or maybe that the system cannot access the 3ds address. Make sure that the address that you put on NitroStream is the one from your device, not your internet access address. You can check your device address on your router's settings.

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I stream my 3DS Top Screen to my PC , everyone in my WiFi will get a high Ping (50 % Quality = +500ms)

Shining Greninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me that either the system isn't in debug mode as @NekoMichi said (since it couldn't find the system), or maybe that the system cannot access the 3ds address. Make sure that the address that you put on NitroStream is the one from your device, not your internet access address. You can check your device address on your router's settings.
Yes, I did enable debugger

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this will be more helpful. I tried connecting directly through the debugger, using the guide on the NTR github, and got this response:"

Server connected.
rtRecvSocket failed: 00000000rtRecvSocket failed: ffffff8dpatching smdh
patching smdh
starting app: 000400000019a200
FSUSER_OpenDirectory failed, ret=c8804478FSUSER_OpenDirectory failed, ret=c8804478patching smdh
patching smdh
patching smdh
starting app: 000400000018ef00
FSUSER_OpenDirectory failed, ret=c8804478FSUSER_OpenDirectory failed, ret=c8804478patching smdh
patching smdh
rtRecvSocket failed: 00000000rtRecvSocket failed: 00000000rtRecvSocket failed: 00000000rtRecvSocket failed: 00000000

Anyone able to figure out what's failing?

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Maybe this will be more helpful. I tried connecting directly through the debugger, using the guide on the NTR github, and got this response:"
(snip)
Anyone able to figure out what's failing?
Have you been able to test this with a different router? In the past some people have encountered the same issue and none of the fixes worked, but once they switched to a different router, all of the problems went away. It seems that some routers are incompatible for some reason.

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's a shame. I don't have another router to test at the moment, I'll have to figure something else out. Thanks!

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
has anyone tried this with a GBA VC on N3DS? thinking of recording my Boss Rush on Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow..

Gamergrrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I had this behavior when setting up. For me it worked when I chose version 3.4 in the selector. I think the instructions don't account for the ntr cfw being updated to a selector..

Ragnareok

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,
I need help. Im really stopped at start. When come this part 5:
5. Install NTRCFWLoader.cia using any suitable title manager.

well, i cant install anyone for the version 11.1.0.34-E, can someone help me?

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: I think it was what ruined the trust factor because he went behind their back