Tutorial 3DS Screen Recording without a Capture Card (NTR CFW Method)

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I keep experiencing this problem.
(ERR: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall)
I have seen this error a few times on the thread and an other thread about NTR streaming.
Anyone have any ideas? I tried port forwarding but no dice.
Thanks, SM

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I keep experiencing this problem.
(ERR: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall)
I have seen this error a few times on the thread and an other thread about NTR streaming.
Anyone have any ideas? I tried port forwarding but no dice.
Thanks, SM
I have the same Error, but the stream works anyway.

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same Error, but the stream works anyway.
I dun goofed, I went threw all the steps again and noticed that I was actually using an old version of ntr.bin.
After updating I still got the error but the stream worked perfectly.
Heads up to anyone getting that error, make sure your using the latest bin from OP.

Last edited by SMVB64,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, all right. I already have BootNTR installed, I was assuming that the selector was in some way necessary to the streaming process.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, all right. I already have BootNTR installed, I was assuming that the selector was in some way necessary to the streaming process.
Nope, it's just one of the various ways to load NTR. It's not the NTR CFW itself, and no matter which way you choose to load it it will always be the same NTR. Some of them just have additional features like loading different versions of NTR (3.4 or 3.2) or supporting newer firmwares (some take a while to update, afaik BootNTR is always the first to have support, then others take the source from that and add it to theirs)

Ortzac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"5. Install NTRCFWLoader.cia using any suitable title manager."

What does this mean? I don't understand what a suitable title manager is. Also, is the newest version of "NTRCFWLoader.cia" called "BootNTR.cia" because that;s what i put in the root of my SD card. I wish there was some video of this because this is so hard for me to follow.

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"5. Install NTRCFWLoader.cia using any suitable title manager."

What does this mean? I don't understand what a suitable title manager is. Also, is the newest version of "NTRCFWLoader.cia" called "BootNTR.cia" because that;s what i put in the root of my SD card. I wish there was some video of this because this is so hard for me to follow.
Just install it with "FBI" or "NASA" or anything else

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tutorial for that as well? I'm so new to all of this.
What is your current system version? If you're on 11.0+, you're currently out of luck unless you hardmod your 3DS or do the DSiware downgrade method with another 3DS that has custom firmware. You need custom firmware in order to use this, btw.

Ortzac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your current system version? If you're on 11.0+, you're currently out of luck unless you hardmod your 3DS or do the DSiware downgrade method with another 3DS that has custom firmware. You need custom firmware in order to use this, btw.
I'm on 11.1.0-34U. Can I like factory reset my 3ds or no? How can I get a custom firmware on this?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 11.1.0-34U. Can I like factory reset my 3ds or no? How can I get a custom firmware on this?
I already mentioned it, either you need to get a hardmod or use another system with custom firmware to do the DSiware downgrade method. Until you do either of those things, you can't use this. And no, a factory reset will do nothing to help.

Ortzac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already mentioned it, either you need to get a hardmod or use another system with custom firmware to do the DSiware downgrade method. Until you do either of those things, you can't use this. And no, a factory reset will do nothing to help.
And where should I go to figure out how to "hardmod" it. I truly appreciate your help btw.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And where should I go to figure out how to "hardmod" it. I truly appreciate your help btw.
You're better off sending it to someone if you have no soldering skills. Here's a list of hardmodders if you want to send it to someone. Here's a tutorial on dumping your NAND/hardmodding it, and here's the tutorial you should follow to get custom firmware set up after you have hardmodded your system. Please only follow the last tutorial for setting up custom firmware, people will link you to Plailect's guide if you ask for a custom firmware set up guide.

MegaKyurem

WAAALUIGI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I open BootNTR.cia, it dumps a bunch of files, and then says firmware not supported. I'm running Luma3ds and A9LH on my N3ds, with 11.1.0-34U. Help plz

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    alidergamer1234 @ alidergamer1234: hi