Hardware 3DS scratching top screen when closed

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I'm aware this issue has been discussed in the past, I was wondering if anyone here knows of a good way to prevent the 3DS from scratching/smudging the top screen when closed. I love my original 3DS and don't want to upgrade to the 3DS XL or 2DS, so I'm curious what others here have done about it. Right now my current solution is putting an old credit card in between the two screens when closed which has done a good job so far. It is a bit annoying though, especially if I want to quickly close my 3DS for whatever reason.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Although I'm aware this issue has been discussed in the past, I was wondering if anyone here knows of a good way to prevent the 3DS from scratching/smudging the top screen when closed. I love my original 3DS and don't want to upgrade to the 3DS XL or 2DS, so I'm curious what others here have done about it. Right now my current solution is putting an old credit card in between the two screens when closed which has done a good job so far. It is a bit annoying though, especially if I want to quickly close my 3DS for whatever reason.

I used the foamy material that separated the screens when i received my 3DS, always replacing after use, worked a treat.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another fine example why people should use screen protectors before they even start playing with their devices.
Closing the 3DS lid doesn't cause the marks, its the pressing you do while the unit is closed that does the damage.

Like sitting or wearing tight pants with your 3DS for example.
The marks show on screen protectors too, but they can be rubber/cleaned away and you definitely avoid permanent damage as well.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
This is what I do since I'm not a fan of screen protectors:
3DS Top screen wear & tear

The screenshot has been horribly compressed since I posted it (thx xenforo), but the bumpers are placed directly to the right and left of the inner camera. They are still holding up to this day.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I do since I'm not a fan of screen protectors:
3DS Top screen wear & tear

The screenshot has been horribly compressed since I posted it (thx xenforo), but the bumpers are placed directly to the right and left of the inner camera. They are still holding up to this day.

Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted:)

Reactions: Snailface

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Use a screen protector and put a piece of microfibre cloth between the two sections - you're going to need a cloth like that anyways for cleaning the bottom screen every now and then. It's, in my opinion, a better solution than sticking disgusting bumpers on the system - I personally love to keep the exterior of consoles untouched. Additionally, a screen protector will secure the top screen from accidental damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1