http://www.3dsbuzz.com/3ds-uk-release-date-1-march-2011/

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
March 1st?

I doubt I'll be able to afford it by then, seeing as how finding a job is fucking impossible, but I guess that means hacking attempts will commence sooner than I thought.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

steves334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rydian said:
Date may not be fake, but the poster is.

"HD" is not subjective. It does NOT just mean "higher quality".
High-Definition (in relation to video) is a concrete term as defined by the US government, and the 3DS is NOT capable of displaying high-definition content. Whoever made that poster, it wasn't somebody at Nintendo, they wouldn't make a flub like that.
And everyone knows that definitions by a government agency in the US apply globally...
That site is a UK site, so any US-specific information does not apply there. For instance, being part of Europe (with a 50 Hz power grid), it does not use M timing and therefore does not have the same resolution as standard NTSC to use as a reference frame (not to mention not using NTSC at all). With the only universal meaning of HD remaining "bigger resolution than the established standard", the HD term is moot, as there are no established standards for video game handhelds.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat D said:
Rydian said:

High-Definition (in relation to video) is a concrete term as defined by the US government, and the 3DS is NOT capable of displaying high-definition content. Whoever made that poster, it wasn't somebody at Nintendo, they wouldn't make a flub like that.
And everyone knows that definitions by a government agency in the US apply globally...
That site is a UK site, so any US-specific information does not apply there. For instance, being part of Europe (with a 50 Hz power grid), it does not use M timing and therefore does not have the same resolution as standard NTSC to use as a reference frame (not to mention not using NTSC at all). With the only universal meaning of HD remaining "bigger resolution than the established standard", the HD term is moot, as there are no established standards for video game handhelds.
All Rydian is saying is that Nintendo did not make the poster, and it's possible that the franchise the store belonged to didn't make it either. The store's employees probably made it themselves.

jak66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was in a GAME store today, and they had leaflets at the conter saying almost the same, except instead of saying 'out March 1st', they said ' more details January 19/20th'.

Also, the HD 3D movies isn't the only wrong part. It says about an 'analog depth slider controller', lol, way to go GAME.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Fat D said:
Rydian said:

How dense are you exactly?

HD is HD whichever way you look at it, and the 3DS doesn't have a high enough resolution to be classified as high definition.

The standard being at least 720p, the standard that pretty much everything that claims to be "HD" should adhere to.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fake
last sunday of march will be most likely
i've hardly ever seen early releases, especially that february 26th is too close

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: