Gaming 3DS or psp2 for the win

MizuInu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3DS! Need my SSF4 fix on the go! Don’t have time to play SSF4 on my 360 or PS3 so I need my fighting game fix!

Obviously I will get DoA and later BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2.

250$ CAD is a decent price considering we will get a 3D screen without glasses.

I will get both as usual and I will most likely get the NGP/PSP2 later. I got a feeling it will be more than 300$ for the base model and I wont be surprised if it will be near the 400$ for the 3G model unless they have the internet 3G plan to get it for like 200$ with a monthly plan.

The strength of the Nintendo license, 100% backward compatibility with the HUGE DS libraries (something which we can’t say for the PSP2, so PSN will be their main play card in that respect) will be the key for the 3DS success over the PSP2.

Just the Pokemon license alone is a sure fire success.

As for the launch line-up, it is decent but as a fanatic of SF and fighting, it is a must buy must own on day 1. Plus I can continue to play the tons of DS games I own but never finish (mostly RPG).

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sony NGP all the way !!! I don't care how much it costs when it comes out, I'm getting it.

tumblr_lfsznqp2WJ1qa9818.jpg

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
3DS Lineup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuv8ktbtmZk
NGP Lineup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUqD8zJJCZ0

Both look pretty awesome, I have not owned a sony console in my life, but the games look cool (Gravity Daze, LittleBigPlanet, Reality Fighters and Little Deviants).

But Nintendo got some pretty awesome games (Paper Mario
biggrin.gif
, Layton V.S. Wright, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Dead or Alive, R:E Revelations, Star Fox and TLOZ: Ocarina of Time)

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
ima have to say sony this time ftw! cuz man they got a list of good games coming out with stunning graphics!! i didn't understand what a video game console experience on a portable system wuld be like till i herd psp 2 and its like woah. u know it wows u.

Game Dragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the PSP2 will be the winner, by the time the PSP2 comes out I think 3Ds would have had its day and will be on a downhill spiral to failure, the 3Ds should have had 3D glasses then it would have been a success

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
ripandsip said:
ima have to say sony this time ftw! cuz man they got a list of good games coming out with stunning graphics!! i didn't understand what a video game console experience on a portable system wuld be like till i herd psp 2 and its like woah. u know it wows u.

You certainly sound like their target demographic, I'll give you that.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Dragon said:
I think the PSP2 will be the winner, by the time the PSP2 comes out I think 3Ds would have had its day and will be on a downhill spiral to failure, the 3Ds should have had 3D glasses then it would have been a success
I know you trolling, but do you honestly think it sell better with glasses?
laugh.gif

Game Dragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Game Dragon said:
laugh.gif
Yes I think glasses are better because you can move the 3Ds around and have 3D, you don’t have to have it in a specific spot to achieve 3D

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Dragon said:
KingVamp said:
Game Dragon said:
laugh.gif
Yes I think glasses are better because you can move the 3Ds around and have 3D, you don’t have to have it in a specific spot to achieve 3D
You have the 3DS like a foot away (may not even that) it not a theater screen, it be to much trouble/problems to deal with the glasses vs glasses-less. With glasses you probably only cover some blind spots that doesn't out weight the hassle.

Are you too lazy to move your neck?
rofl.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
At first I thought that the 3DS will be the victor. However, imo this is actually a little unfair (the comparison) as the NGP hasn't really revealed it's full details yet, price (I think) and actual launch date. So for now I shall say that I won't vote for either side first.
smile.gif

After getting my hands on my 3DS, I will try the features out and see if the 3D displays as really 'crisp' as how those in the events said. Also, I must consider whether it causes headaches or diziness after playing. (this, to me, is the main factor. Who would want to be dizzy after playing their favorite game?)

The NGP... is it nice to hold it? Heavy? Huge? (the screen size is really something), crisp displays as how those have stated? (I don't fully trust reviewers/promoters. They badmouthed the dsixl saying how 'pixelated' the display is but to me it is absolutely fine! Although I admit that it is not as clear than the previous handhelds) Its features such as camera? (DSi has it, but how 'advanced' is it no one knows yet), and other features? We'll just have to wait...

So... I will just wait for the 3DS to be out and the NGP to reveal more hardware specs to further consider.
smile.gif

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't believe people are eating up the NGP as if it's going to be the best thing ever. Wow! I'm going to be able to play games I already own on a portable system AND pay twice for them!

Seriously guys, I know you like the idea of taking your PS3 games with you on the go but do you realize that you will have to pay for the game a second time?

I mean if I want the PS3 experience, I'm going to buy a fucking PS3. I'm not an anti-social game freak who's so obsessed with gaming that I jizz my pants thinking I can play PS3 quality games on a bus or train, in a car at the bar, or in a box with a fox.

Are you really going to bring your overpriced handheld with you everywhere you go? You know you really can't because it's going to be so expensive someone will rob you for it eventually. I only bring my PSP or DS with me when taking long trips.

How much of a unique experience are you going to be getting with the NGP? If it's a PS3 then that means you will likely be getting the same games for 2 consoles and a handheld. You know what this also means? It will be just as expensive to develop for. You know what that means? Games will likely be priced the same.

So if you want COD on your PS3, that's $60. If you want portable COD, that's another $60. That on top of the price for the NGP and guess what? They're going to release a new COD every goddamn year whoring it out until it's all used up and no longer popular like they did with Guitar Hero and whores past their prime whose vaginas are so beat up no one wants them.

And you think it's going to be the best thing ever? I can see the appeal of a portable PS3 but I ain't no rich motherfucker. I still haven't even gotten a PS3 yet you think I'm going to shell over more dough for the same experience?

I know the 3DS isn't going to be all that much cheaper but cheaper nonetheless. And at least I can expect some refreshing and unique experiences only Nintendo can offer.

Are you really so much of graphics whores that you can't even see how it will affect your wallets? Gaming isn't so important to me that I have to invest thousands of dollars in it which is the direction it's heading. I can have just as much fun with a stick and some rocks.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sKeEt said:
I still can't believe people are eating up the NGP as if it's going to be the best thing ever. Wow! I'm going to be able to play games I already own on a portable system AND pay twice for them!

Seriously guys, I know you like the idea of taking your PS3 games with you on the go but do you realize that you will have to pay for the game a second time?

I mean if I want the PS3 experience, I'm going to buy a fucking PS3. I'm not an anti-social game freak who's so obsessed with gaming that I jizz my pants thinking I can play PS3 quality games on a bus or train, in a car at the bar, or in a box with a fox.
rofl.gif

Are you really going to bring your overpriced handheld with you everywhere you go? You know you really can't because it's going to be so expensive someone will rob you for it eventually. I only bring my PSP or DS with me when taking long trips. Anything can be stolen doesn't mean it will.

How much of a unique experience are you going to be getting with the NGP? If it's a PS3 then that means you will likely be getting the same games for 2 consoles and a handheld. You know what this also means? It will be just as expensive to develop for. You know what that means? Games will likely be priced the same.

So if you want COD on your PS3, that's $60. If you want portable COD, that's another $60. That on top of the price for the NGP and guess what? They're going to release a new COD every goddamn year whoring it out until it's all used up and no longer popular like they did with Guitar Hero and whores past their prime whose vaginas are so beat up no one wants them.

And you think it's going to be the best thing ever? I can see the appeal of a portable PS3 but I ain't no rich motherfucker. I still haven't even gotten a PS3 yet you think I'm going to shell over more dough for the same experience?

I know the 3DS isn't going to be all that much cheaper but cheaper nonetheless. And at least I can expect some refreshing and unique experiences only Nintendo can offer.

Are you really so much of graphics whores that you can't even see how it will affect your wallets? Gaming isn't so important to me that I have to invest thousands of dollars in it which is the direction it's heading. I can have just as much fun with a stick and some rocks.orly? then do not even need to buy 3ds then.
Although I'm not saying this is the best thing ever.

This is under assumption that only PlayStation 3 owners going to get the psp2 and those owners are going to buy the same exact game which isn't true.
Also it a possibility there will be psp2 only games.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I know I'm probably going to be scolded by this, but I have one favor.

Can we please stop having a war or dispute over which is being a better console? Games are meant for fun and being played with, not for comparison and having a war between the two supporters! I personally own a PS3 and a dsixl, and I love them both. Both consoles each have their pros and cons, and so does the games each console has to offer!

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
I know I'm probably going to be scolded by this, but I have one favor.

Can we please stop having a war or dispute over which is being a better console? Games are meant for fun and being played with, not for comparison and having a war between the two supporters! I personally own a PS3 and a dsixl, and I love them both. Both consoles each have their pros and cons, and so does the games each console has to offer!

at the end of the day the fanboys are just pawns in the hands of both companies, they just want your monies, lol.

I'll get both...eventually they'll both have their strengths and weaknesses.

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:

This is under assumption that only PlayStation 3 owners going to get the psp2 and those owners are going to buy the same exact game which isn't true.

I understand this but, I mean come on. The people who are most excited for a PS3 quality handheld are obviously going to be PS3 owners. Yes there will likely be exclusive NGP games but the fact that it's as powerful as a PS3 means there will not be much difference in them. Also the point of the NGP emphasized by Sony was in having that connection with your PS3 and NGP to be able to take the experience with you on the go. To play a game like Uncharted on your PS3 and then seamlessly continue that experience on their handheld.

It's clear that the target audience are the PS3 owners. Do you really think people who don't have PS3's are going to go for a handheld that's likely going to be priced more than the cheapest PS3? Wouldn't those people rather buy a PS3 if it's cheaper, has Blu-Ray, and an established library?

The only exclusives it will be getting are the ones it already has like Uncharted. And if it's as powerful as the PS3 and they want to profit as much from it and have it reach all potential consumers and if it can be easily ported over with little effort than why wouldn't they take a game that's originally NGP exclusive and make it available on the PS3?

Also I see what you did there about my "having fun with sticks and rocks" comment. I was referring to how expensive gaming is becoming. I wasn't being biased in that statement. The 3DS does appeal more to me but that doesn't mean it isn't expensive. I can't afford one right now and likely not when it's released either.

QUOTE(chris888222 @ Feb 4 2011, 01:13 AM) I know I'm probably going to be scolded by this, but I have one favor.

This is commendable but you cannot stop it. People like to fight with each other. People are always going to look at differences to point them out and hate them for. It's the way we've been conditioned to be. I'm sure one day it will change but not today. When the world changes then the people will change. Until then just do what you can to keep the peace. I'm just not a fan of Sony. I despise their business ethics and am glad they're struggling. That's what they get for being assholes thinking they're better than everyone.

Now maybe if these companies would work together instead of competing all the time there would be less of it. I think it would be great if PS3 owners could play online with 360 owners. They do have a lot of the same games. Some of my friends own a PS3 while others own a 360. I have a 360 but I can't play online with some of my friends even though they have the same game but on a different console. Maybe the gaming industry would benefit if the companies joined forces to create the ultimate gaming utopia.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
sKeEt said:
KingVamp said:

I understand this but, I mean come on. The people who are most excited for a PS3 quality handheld are obviously going to be PS3 owners. Yes there will likely be exclusive NGP games but the fact that it's as powerful as a PS3 means there will not be much difference in them. Also the point of the NGP emphasized by Sony was in having that connection with your PS3 and NGP to be able to take the experience with you on the go. To play a game like Uncharted on your PS3 and then seamlessly continue that experience on their handheld.

It's clear that the target audience are the PS3 owners. Do you really think people who don't have PS3's are going to go for a handheld that's likely going to be priced more than the cheapest PS3? Wouldn't those people rather buy a PS3 if it's cheaper, has Blu-Ray, and an established library?

The only exclusives it will be getting are the ones it already has like Uncharted. And if it's as powerful as the PS3 and they want to profit as much from it and have it reach all potential consumers and if it can be easily ported over with little effort than why wouldn't they take a game that's originally NGP exclusive and make it available on the PS3?

Also I see what you did there about my "having fun with sticks and rocks" comment. I was referring to how expensive gaming is becoming. I wasn't being biased in that statement. The 3DS does appeal more to me but that doesn't mean it isn't expensive. I can't afford one right now and likely not when it's released either.

QUOTE(chris888222 @ Feb 4 2011, 01:13 AM) I know I'm probably going to be scolded by this, but I have one favor.

This is commendable but you cannot stop it. People like to fight with each other. People are always going to look at differences to point them out and hate them for. It's the way we've been conditioned to be. I'm sure one day it will change but not today. When the world changes then the people will change. Until then just do what you can to keep the peace. I'm just not a fan of Sony. I despise their business ethics and am glad they're struggling. That's what they get for being assholes thinking they're better than everyone.

Now maybe if these companies would work together instead of competing all the time there would be less of it. I think it would be great if PS3 owners could play online with 360 owners. They do have a lot of the same games. Some of my friends own a PS3 while others own a 360. I have a 360 but I can't play online with some of my friends even though they have the same game but on a different console. Maybe the gaming industry would benefit if the companies joined forces to create the ultimate gaming utopia.
I seriously hope this war can stop.

I like the idea of a camera for the dsi, the blu ray support for ps3 (I actually didn't need that feature
tongue.gif
) and the effortless xbox kinect. Yes, indeed if all could merge together, it would be a fantasy.

The NGP and 3DS have their pros and cons too like what I mentioned previously. The 3DS features a 3D screen, AR games, backwards compatibility and enhanced wireless technology (ahem STREETPASS).

The NGP on the other hand, features extreme resolution for quality gaming.

The cons of the 3DS? Most noticeably it consumes a lot of battery life, which is why nintendo provided a charge cradle. The NGP may be too big for some, thanks to it's screen size, so it might not be too portable.

So, each console has pros and cons! What for start a war comparing which is better? (I know that sKeEt has mentioned why, but just stating my right, hope you all don't mind)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sKeEt said:
KingVamp said:

It a possibility... Blu-ray is not wanted by all people.
To make more sells on NGP plus it has features the ps3 doesn't.

Not only would that "utopia" cost a lot of money, it would portable be taken over by the government because of monopoly. Either limited or force break up
tongue.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The NGP is already showing PS3 ports running on it. If the PS3 is planned to stick around for another 5 years (from what Sony has said, along with their push against hackers), I can see both the PS3 and NGP having the same games, which imo, is a bad decision, as having 2 different media for the same game in the same generation means most likely that a person will only buy one of them, not both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.