Hacking 3DS not recognizing Red Gateway Cart.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes, I'll have the card in, and I'll boot via the exploit, but ultimately, it leads me to the Gateway Menu, and when I click "Boot Gateway Mode" it tells me, "Please insert Gateway Red Cart"... even though I've got it in already! I'd have to take it out, and put it back in, multiple times for it to begin reading it again. This makes me VERY NERVIOUS.

Is this bad? What does this mean? Defect with the 3DS slot or the Gateway card? Or neither (Just a bug)?

Just kind of nervous. Thanks for the help.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who can really say...?
Not like we have the all seeing eye of Palutena, able to tell what's wrong with your 3ds from miles away.
So your guess is as good as mine.
Although using other 3ds carts to test could tell us whether it's a problem with the slot(?)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who can really say...?
Not like we have the all seeing eye of Palutena, able to tell what's wrong with your 3ds from miles away.
So your guess is as good as mine.
Although using other 3ds carts to test could tell us whether it's a problem with the slot(?)

Good reply. Yeah I guess that can work. I'm leaning for towards the "cart" having the error, vs the system. which Sucks because I just bought the system too. I'd rather not buy a third. I just want to find some sort of fix, you know?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clean the pins on the cart with rubbing alcohol and a qtip with a fair amount of pressure. Do the same with the microSD.

If it still doesn't work then pad the bottom front side with 1-3 layers of tape (or a couple sticky note layers).

Hopefully one or both of those will fix the problem.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clean the pins on the cart with rubbing alcohol and a qtip with a fair amount of pressure. Do the same with the microSD.

If it still doesn't work then pad the bottom front side with 1-3 layers of tape (or a couple sticky note layers).

Hopefully one or both of those will fix the problem.

Thanks for the help! If it gives me such an error again, I'll try those suggestions; thank you! Too bad Gateway's email won't work. I can't contact them huh?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, it would suck if it's a problem with the console (although defective gateway isn't a much better alternative either lawl)
Try cleaning the contacts too I guess.

Incidentally, while playing a games on emunand, did you ever come across a black screen and the message "An error has occurred. Please hold the power button bla bla". Seems to be happening to me a lot on emunand 7.2. Thanks to those, I've lost at least 10+ hours on Bravely Default and Tales of the Abyss. It's rather irritating.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it would suck if it's a problem with the console (although defective gateway isn't a much better alternative either lawl)
Try cleaning the contacts too I guess.

Incidentally, while playing a games on emunand, did you ever come across a black screen and the message "An error has occurred. Please hold the power button bla bla". Seems to be happening to me a lot on emunand 7.2. Thanks to those, I've lost at least 10+ hours on Bravely Default and Tales of the Abyss. It's rather irritating.

Right? It sucks either way really haha!

And I haven't had that kind of error, no. Some say try the GW testrom.

But I'm having this exact error:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/282219-Fgpa-test-fail/page1

Even the "000006" error when trying to "update" the cart. Then again, it's fully updated, so...

ShocWave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try putting a few layers of tape on the side with the large sticker to push the cart down harder, and see if there's any improvement.
If yes, then you might want to consider getting the card replaced.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting to FAT32 shouldn't be the cause of it, but test it again with exFAT to be sure.

The FPGA test failing is very concerning. That is basically the CPU/memory in the cart. If the things I suggested don't work then you'll probably need a replacement cart or yours to be reprogrammed by them directly. You should contact the seller too because they are more liable to give you a quicker exchange.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting to FAT32 shouldn't be the cause of it, but test it again with exFAT to be sure.

The FPGA test failing is very concerning. That is basically the CPU/memory in the cart. If the things I suggested don't work then you'll probably need a replacement cart or yours to be reprogrammed by them directly. You should contact the seller too because they are more liable to give you a quicker exchange.

Thanks. Sometimes I'm getting "FPGA Fail", and sometimes (especially since putting tape there - not sure how long that'll last though) everything succeeds. I wonder why?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poor pin contact. This happens with a lot of flash carts actually. Maybe try one more layer of tape.

Thanks. So it's not faulty then? It's just the thing isn't connecting in the slot then? So no defected gateway?

EDIT: (Also, Just tried updating - holding R while booting into GW mode) and it updated this time.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that way. But you could still get a replacement and see if that fits better but that probably would take a while. It could just be the 3DS' pins are worn down too. Try a game at a shop that will let you.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that way. But you could still get a replacement and see if that fits better but that probably would take a while. It could just be the 3DS' pins are worn down too. Try a game at a shop that will let you.
Thanks! My normal games seem to load fine. I guess it's just something with the cart itself. Since putting tape on, though, things seem to be working out. I'll update if errors occur again. Thank you so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1