• Replies 53,761
  • Likes 43

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, you should format the sd card before doing the test as Fat32 32kb cluster size, then run the test with the write & read option.
- If it passes the test, then your sd card is fine, and you should format it (again) as Fat32 32kb cluster size (64kb if it's a +64GB card), and follow the guide above.
- if it doesn't pass the test, then it's fake or defective and you shouldn't use it. Get a new replacement sd card and test it out just the same when you get it.
forat meaning everything will be delted ? just asking to make sure

GManWasTaken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,

Could someone experienced please take a look at the thread I just made?
I can't post links yet but it's called "Random Generic Error + Error The Card Was Removed"

Thanks!

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if I can ask here.
A week ago I had a weird problem on my 3DS XL.

I played 3D Land (cartridge)
Played a few levels and closed the 3DS so it's on sleep mode during the game in order to play later after a few minutes. Now for the weird part:
On reopening, the 3DS didn't respond, black screen and only blue Led.

So I held down the power button to turn it off. When turning back on, black screen with the only blue Led.
I reinserted the SD card and tried again, same issue. Was only black screen with blue Led. I could get into godmode9 and Luma menu. I haven't done anything though.

Now yesterday I wanted to try again and see if the 3DS boots and yes. It was fully working again. How? What was the problem last week? Sleep mode bug?

I'm happy it works again, but I don't want it to happen again. I hope I can get some answers. The problem I had sounds rare and somehow fixed itself.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if I can ask here.
A week ago I had a weird problem on my 3DS XL.

I played 3D Land (cartridge)
Played a few levels and closed the 3DS so it's on sleep mode during the game in order to play later after a few minutes. Now for the weird part:
On reopening, the 3DS didn't respond, black screen and only blue Led.

So I held down the power button to turn it off. When turning back on, black screen with the only blue Led.
I reinserted the SD card and tried again, same issue. Was only black screen with blue Led. I could get into godmode9 and Luma menu. I haven't done anything though.

Now yesterday I wanted to try again and see if the 3DS boots and yes. It was fully working again. How? What was the problem last week? Sleep mode bug?

I'm happy it works again, but I don't want it to happen again. I hope I can get some answers. The problem I had sounds rare and somehow fixed itself.
Could be power related. Did you by any chance remove the battery and /or was discharged before you booted it again? If so, i would suggest checking the contacts on the battery and pins on the system, make sure they are clean, and the pins are aligned normally as they should..

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be power related. Did you by any chance remove the battery and /or was discharged before you booted it again? If so, i would suggest checking the contacts on the battery and pins on the system, make sure they are clean, and the pins are aligned normally as they should..
I charged it before playing. It was all weird. Mainly because I could enter Luma menu like 100% of the time. Lol.

But yes, I should check nevertheless.

salmoncoloredfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello!!! sorry to cut in and ask another question lol-

i recently homebrewed a 3ds, and upon opening FBI for the first time, it told me something about not having saves or backups or something? it only appeared that once, but aside from that, everything seems to be working just fine. sorry if its something like simple lol, but does that mean anything? is it fine if i disregard that?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i recently homebrewed a 3ds, and upon opening FBI for the first time, it told me something about not having saves or backups or something? it only appeared that once, but aside from that, everything seems to be working just fine. sorry if its something like simple lol, but does that mean anything? is it fine if i disregard that?
Have never seen or encountered such a thing.. Unrelated but, do you have fbi installed as a cia or are you running the .3dsx version? Also do you have a cias folder (with your cias inside) in the root of your your sd card?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States

Are you sure it wasn't GodMode9 that said that? GodMode9 will prompt you to make the essential backup until you do it iirc, I don't think FBI has anything like that, though I could be forgetting...

If it is that, if you said yes you're fine. If you said no you may want to just ensure you've got an "essentials.exefs" backup somewhere, if not see this.

Reactions: CoolMe

salmoncoloredfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for extra info, it appeared on the home menu right after unwrapping fbi, it was like the pop-up you get when you close a game

hmm I might have jumped the gun but it also asked me for parental pin; I don't think any of the other apps required pin but I removed that in the 3ds settings and it went away

I want to say I have the cias folder & essential but I'll double check right now- bytheway, how would I check what version of FBI it's on? (tysm btw)

salmoncoloredfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i could tell there was no essential exef in the gm out folder before i went in, so I think it should be good? hopefully lol- thanks a million to y'all, it really means a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s