• Likes 43

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sd card is ok
What do you mean by that? Was it tested or not?
And you still haven't answered my questions above, if you're encountering these Arm11 errors only while in Rosalina Menu, or in other places like the home menu, system settings etc.?

ciupaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i do the 'hb. miscellaneus' thing and: if i have luma 10.2.1 or 10.3 if appear the homebrew launche but when i tap to open and install the cia files it stuck and console reboot; if i have luma 11.00 it appear the armv11 error data transition error.

The sd card was checked with no error, the error appears after I reach the rosalina menù to do the 'hb. miscellaneus'

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if appear the homebrew launche but when i tap to open and install the cia files it stuck and console reboot;
So you can get into the Homebrew Launcher fine, right? and it gives you the error when you launch fbi? Or when you try to install the cia file of fbi?

ciupaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If i have luma 10.2 I can get on homebrew launcher but when I open the fbi the console crashes. I can surf on the folders if i tap B but the program does not see the .cia files in the folder "cia" (Anemone, checkpoint etc...)

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i have luma 10.2 I can get on homebrew launcher but when I open the fbi the console crashes.
Use only the latest version of Luma3DS. Copy its boot.firm into the sd card, you don't need 2 of them.
Redownload the fbi files again, the .3DSX and the cia. One of them could be corrupted.
Is your system on the latest firmware btw?

ciupaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
System is 11.15.0-47 latest. I just tried only with boot.firm Luma v11 and the error changes, now it's arm 11 core 1 (before was core0) undefined instruction loader. an exception occured

Wooshy

Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Germany
Heyho gbatemp family, everyone's fav noob here.
I'm playing bravely default and the English translation of joker 3 professionel and wanted to check out the cheat codes, there are none.
If I remember correctly I have to open this sharkive for luma3ds and choose the game I want codes for...but ..it just closes. any ideas?

I attached a video of the problem and a screen of the system settings plus Luma settings.

Attachments

• IMG_20220628_200632.jpg
    IMG_20220628_200632.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20220628_200712.jpg
    IMG_20220628_200712.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 25
  • VID_20220628_200554.mp4
    38.5 MB

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyho gbatemp family, everyone's fav noob here.
I'm playing bravely default and the English translation of joker 3 professionel and wanted to check out the cheat codes, there are none.
If I remember correctly I have to open this sharkive for luma3ds and choose the game I want codes for...but ..it just closes. any ideas?

I attached a video of the problem and a screen of the system settings plus Luma settings.
You should have "game patching" enabled in Luma3DS for cheats to work.

Durofoam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did something rather dumb. I deleted the tickets and titles of some of my games on my cfw 3ds, but I had previously copied all the contents of my sd card and backed it up. So I have the .sav files for the games and I was wondering if there is a way to import them back in if I reinstall the games via FBI.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted the tickets and titles of some of my games on my cfw 3ds,
You deleted the tickets of your installed games? Or other stuff like system apps etc.?
And why did you do that? They don't take storage space or anything..
Your games are still installed? They're just missing their tickets?
but I had previously copied all the contents of my sd card and backed it up.
So you copied everything before you deleted the tickets? If so, you can just copy the Old backup of the 32id folder that's inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, to the one that's on your sdcard. Though delete the old one (or back it up) before pasting the old folder, do not merge or overwrite the old with the new!
So I have the .sav files for the games
Were these .Sav files created with Checkpoint? If not, it's not easy to get them back, but not impossible either..
and I was wondering if there is a way to import them back in if I reinstall the games via FBI.
Just to be clear, you have deleted both the games and their tickets? Or just the tickets? If you haven't uninstalled the games they'd still be there taking up space on your sd card, and they'll not show up on your home menu because they're missing their tickets..
You can look in fbi under titles and see if these games are not showing up there..

Durofoam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You deleted the tickets of your installed games? Or other stuff like system apps etc.?
And why did you do that? They don't take storage space or anything..
Your games are still installed? They're just missing their tickets?

So you copied everything before you deleted the tickets? If so, you can just copy the Old backup of the 32id folder that's inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, to the one that's on your sdcard. Though delete the old one (or back it up) before pasting the old folder, do not merge or overwrite the old with the new!

Were these .Sav files created with Checkpoint? If not, it's not easy to get them back, but not impossible either..

Just to be clear, you have deleted both the games and their tickets? Or just the tickets? If you haven't uninstalled the games they'd still be there taking up space on your sd card, and they'll not show up on your home menu because they're missing their tickets..
You can look in fbi under titles and see if these games are not showing up there..
I have 2 sd cards. On the first one I deleted the tickets and titles of a couple of games, the 2nd was a back up of the 1st before I deleted the tickets and titles. No system apps were deleted. I deleted the tickets because I thought they took up space on the sd card (which was dumb of me you shouldn't delete stuff if you don't know what it is). I'm pretty sure the .sav files were automatically created.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between the titles and tickets databases on the sd card with the same named on the nand? They're not the same files.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 sd cards. On the first one I deleted the tickets and titles of a couple of games, the 2nd was a back up of the 1st before I deleted the tickets and titles.
Then just copy the 2nd folder into your sd card. It should work as long as you haven't formatted your system, and your games and tickets will appear on the home menu..
No system apps were deleted.
Good!
I deleted the tickets because I thought they took up space on the sd card (which was dumb of me you shouldn't delete stuff if you don't know what it is).
Titles, yes they take up space, depending on the game.. Tickets, no. But it doesn't matter since you have deleted both, and if you reinstall them tickets will be created automatically, so no worries.
I'm pretty sure the .sav files were automatically created.
How "automatically created"? Where did you find these saves, in the Checkpoint folder? If not, those are the encrypted ones used by the system, and if you have lost the originals, you'll have to manually put each one into its proper place inside the 32id folder, which is a tedious process if it's indeed the case..

If your backup folder (32id) still has your saves inside the folder, then there's no need to manually add them back, just replace the old (32id) folder with the backup one, and your saves should appear..

Reactions: Durofoam

DarkAllNight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just booted up my 3ds after years without usage, updated everything that I could (luma, fbi, boot9strap) and I wanted to use cheat plugins again but I'm a bit lost what I should do.
I still have bootntr and mode3 on my 3ds but I've been hearing about 3gx plugins and that I should use those from now on, but how do I set cheats for Pokemon ORAS for example? What cias do I need/plugins?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just booted up my 3ds after years without usage, updated everything that I could (luma, fbi, boot9strap) and I wanted to use cheat plugins again but I'm a bit lost what I should do.
I still have bootntr and mode3 on my 3ds but I've been hearing about 3gx plugins and that I should use those from now on, but how do I set cheats for Pokemon ORAS for example? What cias do I need/plugins?
You need to enable "Game patching" in Luma3DS menu iirc to use cheats.
You might also need to have nightly Luma3DS release installed (instead of the normal Luma3DS) to use cheats, but i'm not sure about that.
You access cheats through Rosalina Menu in-game.

DarkAllNight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to enable "Game patching" in Luma3DS menu iirc to use cheats.
You might also need to have nightly Luma3DS release installed (instead of the normal Luma3DS) to use cheats, but i'm not sure about that.
You access cheats through Rosalina Menu in-game.
I see, just install nightly Luma3DS through fbi?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16