• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why, but none of the links being provided starts a download or anything. I used what I have and followed the instructions on the website suggested, and still there is a arm9 error. At this point, I'm loosing hope and this thing can only really be a glorified GBA because that firmware works somehow.
Are they torrents?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why, but none of the links being provided starts a download or anything. I used what I have and followed the instructions on the website suggested, and still there is a arm9 error. At this point, I'm loosing hope and this thing can only really be a glorified GBA because that firmware works somehow.

If you are asking about the magnet link, they are torrent files.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why, but none of the links being provided starts a download or anything. I used what I have and followed the instructions on the website suggested, and still there is a arm9 error. At this point, I'm loosing hope and
Do you have a torrent client (like utorrent) installed on your pc or not? You need it in order to download the file.
this thing can only really be a glorified GBA because that firmware works somehow.
What do you mean by this?

EvtL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll figure out the link, I'll get that working and try them all out.
What do you mean by this?
Basically there was a firmware download from before my 3DS was soft bricked and it can load in the same place as GodMode9 and it boots with the usage of the 3DS's native GBA functionality from the part of it that is a DS that's left behind. So I can still play GBA games.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I figured I could just delete a lot and start from scratch because at least then I wouldn't be looking for what the problem is
Trying to "start from scratch" is never the solution. But it's a bit late for that now.

Also if I turn on my 3DS without an SD card, a white light appears on the power indicator like for street pass
That is a feature of the new version of boot9strap released a few weeks ago, which I guess you installed one way or another. (You won't find it in tutorials because it is so new.)
SD FIRM missing, CTRNAND FIRM also missing: white
So, you can try copying Luma to your NAND, as in https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw/ .

I took another SD card and copied the files of an older guide that had it all in the right places for me,
Well, now there's a possibility that you're messing with old and incompatible files, which can cause new and different problems.

DreadfulSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so basically I can’t open any downloaded app or game or else this error shows up please help I just modded it

Attachments

• 67720627623__2BD8C6EF-C120-4A60-B286-CD0BE42B2364.MOV
    780.8 KB

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so basically I can’t open any downloaded app or game or else this error shows up please help I just modded it
I'm not sure why you thought a video was necessary..?

Your 3DS is evidently having problems reading your card. You can start by taking the card out and putting it back in again.

If that doesn't help, then the solution in such cases is usually to copy everything off the card to your PC (I suggest Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier), format the card, test the card with h2testw, and if the test passes, copy everything back.

Reactions: CoolMe

Oriordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hello
I'm running cfw luma with fw 11.15.0-47u
Some games like mario maker and zelda triforce keep asking for update eventhough they are already updated !!??

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather not make an entire thread about this, so I figure, I will just ask here and hope someone out there in the aether can answer me.

I'm currently working on developing a custom theme for my 3DS Home Menu, and I want to convert a song into a BCSTM for the background audio. I can't find any concrete information, it seems to me, on what specific requirements I need to meet for the audio track (as most of it seems to conflict with one another), or what good software to use to convert it, for that matter. I'm hoping someone can tell me without me having to join a Discord server or anything just to get the proper feedback I need.

So, what are the hard requirements for the audio for a custom 3DS Home Menu theme's background music? And what software do I use, with proper settings included?

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does Snes9x have a run ahead option that I'm missing? Super Mario World has this annoying input lag that's seemingly notorious from looking it up. I can't seem to find an option in the menu to fix it.

MahoganyRaichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is it safe to use Spotpass on the hacked console? I'd love to have some characters for FE Awakening. I've googled, and the answers vary and most of them are slightly outdated.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it safe to use Spotpass on the hacked console? I'd love to have some characters for FE Awakening. I've googled, and the answers vary and most of them are slightly outdated.
Yes it's safe. But Spotpass on itself has been dead for quite a while.. Though i think in your case you can still get the bonus items etc. by using it..

Hammerain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, not sure if this is too specific of a question for this thread but here goes.

I'm trying to transfer an Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo save from an o3DS to a newly hacked n2DSLL. I've tried using both Checkpoint and JKSM but both result in the save being corrupted after being transferred over. From what I can tell from searching this has something to do with the secure value being different, and it wipes the save as an anti-cheat measure. I've read that svdt was able to handle this kind of save transfer in the past, but this doesn't work on HBL 2.0 anymore.

I've tried using the ACNL Save Editor to change the secure value from the o3DS save to the value from the n2DSLL to no avail.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I've exhausted all the searching I can do at this point I think.

EDIT: I got it working, albeit with a workaround. I used ACNL_REditor to disable the secure value checking and now my save is loaded on the new console.

Last edited by Hammerain,

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, not sure if this is too specific of a question for this thread but here goes.

I'm trying to transfer an Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo save from an o3DS to a newly hacked n2DSLL. I've tried using both Checkpoint and JKSM but both result in the save being corrupted after being transferred over. From what I can tell from searching this has something to do with the secure value being different, and it wipes the save as an anti-cheat measure. I've read that svdt was able to handle this kind of save transfer in the past, but this doesn't work on HBL 2.0 anymore.

I've tried using the ACNL Save Editor to change the secure value from the o3DS save to the value from the n2DSLL to no avail.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I've exhausted all the searching I can do at this point I think.

EDIT: I got it working, albeit with a workaround. I used ACNL_REditor to disable the secure value checking and now my save is loaded on the new console.
Did you backup extdata in Checkpoint? It should be restored on the new system too.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you check for a game version number ? For metal gear ?
For an installed cia? Check in fbi under titles, click on Metal Gear Solid 3D and see what ver it says. Or are you talking about the VC releases of the original Metal Gear?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol