• Replies 53,717
  • Likes 43

Captshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.. Do you have other games installed on your 3ds? Do they appear & work? If not, your title.db file might be missing (or you did delete it accidentally?), and that's why it won't install any cias for you..
You should search for "save3ds_fuse" file in the custom-install folder and see if it's there or not.
I don't have any other games installed on that 3ds no , its out of the box new. I found the save3ds_fuse.eve file in the bin folder on my pc if thas the file. Have yet to do anything with that file since no where I looked mentioned it. I'm certain i have the 3dsx files in the right location that game with the zip. Would having a bad Seeddb file cause something like this? only part of the process that I had difficulty getting. I did grab one from some site.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any other games installed on that 3ds no , its out of the box new.
Not sure how you first installed fbi without it, unless it was deleted afterwards..
Did you by any chance change sd cards? If so, maybe it wasn't copied back when you transfered stuff to the new sd card.
I'm certain i have the 3dsx files in the right location that game with the zip.
What?
Would having a bad Seeddb file cause something like this? only part of the process that I had difficulty getting. I did grab one from some site.
I think it's missing from your sd card which is why you can't install any cias. You can check for it, it's in the "Nintendo3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card (or just put "title.db" in the search bar). If it's not there then you should rebuild a new one.
Follow this to rebuild the title.db
@ihaveahax might correct me if i'm wrong..

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a problem. i wanna update B9S.....am in the SafeB9SInstaller menu and it says MicroSD Card checking and stays there. i only have SafeB9S nd Bootstrap 9 files on sd. Any idea how to fix it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what's going on then. it will give a sig patch error if the b9s files are missing from the sd card, which should be what it checks after that.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and its a genuine sd (used it on my switch before i uprgaded to a bigger one). when i put luma on it.it boots normally .
Are you using the word genuine simply by it working on switch and the 3ds with the boot,firm, or by checking the actual card fully with h2testw and it saying theres no issues?

Reactions: Purple_Heart

Captshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's missing from your sd card which is why you can't install any cias. You can check for it, it's in the "Nintendo3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card (or just put "title.db" in the search bar). If it's not there then you should rebuild a new one.
I found the title.db along with a import.db. Also it is possible that i accidental grabbed a different card and just copied my data over into it after reformat. I have multiple sdcards

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found something interesting. Fastboot can't dump the boot9 or boot11 bins from godmode dump tools. They're not even present, so I changed to normal b9s, dumped them, then went back to Fastboot. Godmode says boot9 and 11 are not available through ntr, so I guess Fastboot counts.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I hex compared that dump of boot9 and 11 with the dump tool of godmode9 with the ones from when you hold down start+select+x iirc. they're identical. only difference is one appears in boot9strap folder on root while the other goes in gm9/out. I don't know why the guide tells you to use dump tools, when that button combo is easier.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah its on the sdcard im currently using
Then how does it give you the error in custom-install that either "title.db" or "save3ds_fuse" is missing?
Have you tried creating a new title.db file (the guide is on one of my previous posts)? It could be corrupted or damaged. Just store somewhere for the time being and replace it with the newly created one.

Akuma-Oni123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
I recently began using my 3ds again and updated b9s and luma using the 3ds.hacks.guide website (b9s was updated to version 1.3, 1.4 was released the day afterwards).
I noticed that there is a bunch of stuff on my 3ds and the sd card that I would like to get rid of and start a fresh state (mostly unused and/or outdated things). I thought of doing a system format and formatting the sd card though I wanted to ask how easy it would be to relink my nnid account to said 3ds. My 3ds is banned from playing online due to me trying to go online with CTGP7, thinking it would work in a similar way to how ctgp revolution works on the wii. I am still able to access the eshop, my purchases and can download things, though I thought I would ask here before doing anything.
If I can relink my account easily, what steps do you guys recommend for formatting the 3ds and sd card.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning