• Replies 53,761
  • Likes 43

Ikari65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok so I got my new 3ds, is there an homebrew to check the good health of buttons and joysticks, as I bought it in used condition (seems near mint tho)
I also give u a little tipp.
swap the c stick with a psp stick for better control.
if u play games that use the c stick like monster hunter etc. than i highly recommend swapping that one.
I bought that one: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B076VMW52Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but others work too.

ReshiramIsLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question, and I am new here so please do not hurt me, but I REALLY need help with getting the cheat codes onto my 2DS XL's SD card. Is there any way I can do that? Thanks in advance if you can help.

kaiserkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm just looking to be pointed in the right direction. Recently I've been compiling and playing all the games in the kunio-kun series, and aside from some issues I'm having with the sprites on the 3ds games, my bigger issue is the lack of localization. As such, I've been going through guides with rom hacking, all of which have been very helpful up to a point. I'm having trouble with being able to find and edit the text in the game files. I can only assume at this point, that the game's text is compiled somewhere in the code of the game (riki denstsu) and I'd like to take the text, translate it, and plug it back in. Like I said, I've found a bunch of guides that relate to this issue, but none that directly answer it in any manner. I know I didn't give much information, but I'm newer to this, so I don't really know what questions to answer, but I'm willing to learn if anyone has any guides that you think might be of help in relation to this. Thank you.

Reactions: Ikari65

MrRugh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been trying to install metal gear solid 3 snake eater to my 3ds but it's over 4 gigs so the SD can't take it, so I tried splitting it and when I go to look for those files to install, nothing shows up, if anyone understands my problem please let me know I'm very confused.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I've been trying to install metal gear solid 3 snake eater to my 3ds but it's over 4 gigs so the SD can't take it, so I tried splitting it and when I go to look for those files to install, nothing shows up, if anyone understands my problem please let me know I'm very confused.
You have encountered the 4gb max of the FAT32 format type. You cant really get past this. You would need to find the cia with less than 4gb,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You are trying to install the .3DS version of the game, not .cia, .3DS is ONLY for Flashcarts, look for the .cia one. There's no .cia for ANY game that goes up to 4GBs (most you'll find is around 3.3GBs or so on USUM or later Yokai Watch games), so if you encounter this issue in the future, you are using the wrong file. The .3DS files are larger because there's padding meant to fill up the cartridges+no compression (for the most part, there's other reasons too), so they tend to be considerably bigger.

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to replace my New 3DS (not XL) top screen plastic, which is scratched from a previous owner closing the screen without any protection (nice design work nintendo, even 11 years later I won't let you off the hook :P ). I have some replacement bezels which I bought from zedlabs, but for whatever reason I cannot get the old bezel off. I am guessing it must be very strongly glued into place, or otherwise very hard to remove. Any advice on how to safely remove the old bezel without damaging the screen? Mine is an IPS screen, so I really don't want to ruin it by accident. I have plenty of opener tools but don't want to risk using any of the metal ones of course. I also have an ifixit iOpener, but I don't want to use that for fear of heat messing with the screen. Thanks for any insights.

xaeroxcore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello everyone! 3DS noob here! I´m having trouble with some 3DS cias: MGS 3 and DOA Dimensions both crashing after installation on FBI. SNES VC games aswell. But also i´ve installed another cias (rayman 3d, ironfall, NES VC games), without any trouble. Working like a charm! I suspect that large cias (bigger than 1 GB) cause some issue, because i struggled with Tekken 3D, but finally i was able to make it work after many attempts, when i installed the cia without deleting it. The common issue says something like"ARM 11 (CORE 0), prefetch abort svcbreak", debug event". What can i do? can i install cias directly tru LUMA (i tried with godmode9, but there are some missing files on the scripts folder). Heeelp pleaseeee!

Reactions: thisjustin2001

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! 3DS noob here! I´m having trouble with some 3DS cias: MGS 3 and DOA Dimensions both crashing after installation on FBI. SNES VC games aswell. But also i´ve installed another cias (rayman 3d, ironfall, NES VC games), without any trouble. Working like a charm! I suspect that large cias (bigger than 1 GB) cause some issue, because i struggled with Tekken 3D, but finally i was able to make it work after many attempts, when i installed the cia without deleting it. The common issue says something like"ARM 11 (CORE 0), prefetch abort svcbreak", debug event". What can i do? can i install cias directly tru LUMA (i tried with godmode9, but there are some missing files on the scripts folder). Heeelp pleaseeee!
The error only appears once you launch the game, not in-game? I would suggest "importing seed" under FBI/titles/then choose the problematic game (with Wireless Connections ON).

xaeroxcore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The error only appears once you launch the game, not in-game? I would suggest "importing seed" under FBI/titles/then choose the problematic game (with Wireless Connections ON).
Thanks for replying. Yes once i lauNch it crashes. i´ve never imported seed, but i´ll try it...Also, i downloaded universal updater and updated twilight menu, nds botostrap and now i´m able to run DS titles, but appears some error that not allow the games to access to storage, so games are not able to save game and some titles like GTA Chinatown and C.O.P crashes, bc they need memory to create a profile. Any clues? Thanks in advance!

xaeroxcore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
it fails importing seed with that game an any other game (even working ones). Wireless is on, what am i missing?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might search for a version that doesn't require a seed. I think bowser's inside story requires a seed, but the only download I could find for it was one that didn't. I don't know how that works, but the game works without a problem.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it fails importing seed with that game an any other game (even working ones). Wireless is on, what am i missing?
I´m having trouble with some 3DS cias: MGS 3 and DOA Dimensions both crashing after installation on FBI
It crashes in FBI? Do you have enough space on the sdcard? Looks like this is an sd card related problem.
Try with another cia file if you can too.
but appears some error that not allow the games to access to storage, so games are not able to save game and some titles like GTA Chinatown and C.O.P crashes
Only those? Are you using TWilightmenu or an R4? Try with other games and see if it fails to save again.
And what system do you have an old, new 3DS or 2DS etc?

xaeroxcore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It crashes in FBI? Do you have enough space on the sdcard? Looks like this is an sd card related problem.
Try with another cia file if you can too.

Only those? Are you using TWilightmenu or an R4? Try with other games and see if it fails to save again.
And what system do you have an old, new 3DS or 2DS etc?
i have new 3ds xl. 64 GB SD card formatted to work on 3DS. I tried with the other cias that are working, plenty of them, mario kart 7, rayman 3d, metroid return....all of them work...but i see that system always crashes with +1 GB cia...because it got me lotta trouble make tekken 3d work.

Twilight menu, i have an R4 but it does not work my N3DS.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have new 3ds xl. 64 GB SD card formatted to work on 3DS. I tried with the other cias that are working, plenty of them, mario kart 7, rayman 3d, metroid return....all of them work...but i see that system always crashes with +1 GB cia...because it got me lotta trouble make tekken 3d work.

Twilight menu, i have an R4 but it does not work my N3DS.
You mean in FBI it errors out with any +1GB game? If so would suggest backing up (copy & pasting) the contents of your sd card somewhere safe in your pc first, then testing the sd card with h2testw both read & write, to see if it's faulty &/ or fake. This issue shouldn't happen and the cause is most likely the sd card.

Last edited by CoolMe,
Reactions: xaeroxcore

Benne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Recently hacked my N3DS and wondering what the best emulation option on N3DS is at the moment?
What is the state of Retroarch and cores?
Is it good enough for 8-bit and 16 bit systems as well as some early arcade?
Or is the best option still VC injections and/or separate emulators?
I would prefer a single solution instead of multiple icons.
Is Retroarch the way to go or does it have to many issues?
Ease of use is a plus as well.

This is my first post in quite a while by the way :)
Last time was in 2008... :O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: hello