• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

gratje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Ok I found my 2DS somewhere, got it "hacked" with the 3ds hacking guide site 2 years ago.
YesterdayI updated Luma3ds and godmode9.
But I'm wondering. Is it in this time needed to have an emunand? because I cannot find any tutorials for that.
Or is Luma3ds just enough in these days?

genderneutralnoun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before, but, is a GodMode9 SysNAND backup able to restore everything onto another 3DS if, say, something goes wrong with the hardware of the 3DS? I have one of those Pokemon 20th Anniversary "new" 3DS, and the A button has partially stopped working. We tried to take it to a local chain repair shop but they refused to work on it because apparently the A button in the non-XL model of the "new" 3DS has the buttons mounted directly on the motherboard or something like that. My sibling bought a kit from an online store I don't remember the name of and they think they can fix it, but I'd like to make a backup I can restore on another console if things go wrong. (I do have a "new" XL, but it had to have its battery replaced a while ago and I think it was having problems reading from the microSD card at some point; I haven't touched it in ages since the smaller model is much more comfortable for me.) If a SysNAND backup won't work, is there something that will, and what is it?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before, but, is a GodMode9 SysNAND backup able to restore everything onto another 3DS if, say, something goes wrong with the hardware of the 3DS? I have one of those Pokemon 20th Anniversary "new" 3DS, and the A button has partially stopped working. We tried to take it to a local chain repair shop but they refused to work on it because apparently the A button in the non-XL model of the "new" 3DS has the buttons mounted directly on the motherboard or something like that. My sibling bought a kit from an online store I don't remember the name of and they think they can fix it, but I'd like to make a backup I can restore on another console if things go wrong. (I do have a "new" XL, but it had to have its battery replaced a while ago and I think it was having problems reading from the microSD card at some point; I haven't touched it in ages since the smaller model is much more comfortable for me.) If a SysNAND backup won't work, is there something that will, and what is it?
You can't make a nand backup with a certain 3DS and restore it in another. First, do you have CFW installed? If so, the content in the system that you care about can be backed up (games/saves etc) if the system is still working. Tell us what you need/ are looking for, and we'll see how to help you.

genderneutralnoun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't make a nand backup with a certain 3DS and restore it in another. First, do you have CFW installed? If so, the content in the system that you care about can be backed up (games/saves etc) if the system is still working. Tell us what you need/ are looking for, and we'll see how to help you.
I do have CFW installed, yes. Latest system patch and Luma version I believe, I checked a week or so ago. I have everything that is usually installed via the 3ds.hacks.guide guide, I think. I would like a way to backup the data on this 3DS and restore it on another if something goes wrong with the hardware.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have CFW installed, yes. Latest system patch and Luma version I believe, I checked a week or so ago. I have everything that is usually installed via the 3ds.hacks.guide guide, I think. I would like a way to backup the data on this 3DS and restore it on another if something goes wrong with the hardware.
You can create backup saves of 3DS/VC games with Checkpoint homebrew software, for 3DS games i would suggest to keep the Cia rom files of your games sy you can re-install them later when you choose to, as i wouldn't recommend messing around with Dbs and tickets. Same for emulators/homebrew files & apps, just save them on your pc.

Ningenrage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could just be doing something wrong, but I’ve been trying to install the Luma 3GX Loader Edition, however, it for some reason doesn’t replace my current version of Luma. I replaced the boot multiple times, is there an extra step I’m forgetting?

Reactions: assassinz

Ningenrage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.2.1, however I’m pretty sure it says more when it’s the 3GX version, it also doesn’t have the plugin option thing on the rosalina menu, which the 3GX one I’m pretty sure has.

Reactions: assassinz

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could just be doing something wrong, but I’ve been trying to install the Luma 3GX Loader Edition, however, it for some reason doesn’t replace my current version of Luma. I replaced the boot multiple times, is there an extra step I’m forgetting?
It should work. All you need to do is make sure the 3GX Loader Edition file is named as boot.firm on your SD card to replace the previous boot.firm.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to own a flashcard in order to jailbreak my n3ds xl and is it safer to use a flashcard?
No, you don't need one in order to install CFW in your 3DS. Now is it safer to use a flashcart? maybe, if you're afraid of messing something up accidentally and bricking it or something, since everything is on the flashcart instead of the 3DS, yes i guess it's safe, but not all of them are compatible, here's list.
The risk in hacking your console is minimal, as long as you follow the steps carefully. Even after installing CFW, you shouldn't mess with system folders/files Etc. And do make regular backups of your game saves.
Follow the guide to install CFW on the 3DS and not flashcart, if you choose to.

Reactions: Grimech

Loky999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
new 3ds ll can't change language to english did all of the above

1) install LumaLocaleSwitcher ;

2) boot-up your console while holding SELECT ;

3) make sure the " enable game patching " option is selected, then just press START to save ;

4) start LumaLocaleSwitcher, select " Choose Locales Directory " and change the path to the second one down, labeled " /luma/titles/%s/locale.txt " .

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new 3ds ll can't change language to english did all of the above

3) make sure the " enable game patching " option is selected, then just press START to save ;

4) start LumaLocaleSwitcher, select " Choose Locales Directory " and change the path to the second one down, labeled " /luma/titles/%s/locale.txt " .
Are you talking about changing the language of a game or the 3DS system? For games, depends on what region the game is, if it's NTSC-U it should have English. For PAL they do have multi-language option most of the time but sometimes there's only one lang and it's depending on the game. NTSC-J has Japanese as the main language and sometimes it gives the option of having English text.
If the game doesn't give you the option to change the language then it's not there.

Dog505136

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a similar question I can not change the language of the game to François using the lumalocaleswitcher program of the game mario 3d land of the European region multi version did all of the above does not help!

Dog505136

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a similar question I can not change the language of the game to François using the lumalocaleswitcher program of the game mario 3d land of the European region multi version did all of the above does not help!

help me please

MahoganyRaichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am an idiot, but I need to know. My N3DSXL battery is dying - I cannot use it without a charger for more than an hour. I've already ordered a replacement, but it will be a while before my battery arrives. I do have an old (aqua one) 3ds battery collecting dust, It is smaller, but it fits really tight and my N3DSXL turns on fully charged. I might add a piece of paper, or tape to make the battery stable. Is it a good idea though? I am scared something might burn. Or am I safe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi