• Replies 53,750
  • Likes 43

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was set to the U.S by default and I have changed it a few times to troubleshoot such as changing it to SG and UK but it gave me the same message, so I placed it back to the U.S. Does your IP factor in the error code? I don't have a U.S IP though.
The games were downloaded online as CIA files then installed with FBI.
See to which country your 3DS is set to in the 3DS settings. Also the eShop should give you the to revert back to the region that was set to, or change to a new one (but the country has to be in NA for the NTSC region for example, etc)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

inklingboi08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to change the language of a Japanese 3DS to English without changing the region? If not, can you use Pokemon Bank and local multiplayer after changing it? And can you change it back to use the eShop or will the game not work because it's from a different region? And if I change it to NA region van I use my existing NA NNID? Can you use CFW in addition to changing the region? Finally, are you banned from online play?

inklingboi08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to change the language of a Japanese 3DS to English without changing the region? If not, can you use Pokemon Bank and local multiplayer after changing it? And can you change it back to use the eShop or will the game not work because it's from a different region? And if I change it to NA region van I use my existing NA NNID? Can you use CFW in addition to changing the region? Finally, are you banned from online play?
I also have many questions about CFW. First off, what is the difference between CFW and hombrew? My friend has Twilight++ and it allows him to emulate games, but can that be installed on a 3DS with CFW or is it CFW in and of itself? What is the best and easiest CFW to use? And a random question about what apps are available, but is N64, PSX, Sega Saturn, or Dreamcast emulation possible?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have many questions about CFW. First off, what is the difference between CFW and hombrew? My friend has Twilight++ and it allows him to emulate games, but can that be installed on a 3DS with CFW or is it CFW in and of itself? What is the best and easiest CFW to use? And a random question about what apps are available, but is N64, PSX, Sega Saturn, or Dreamcast emulation possible?
CFW allows you to install homebrew apps like TWiLightMenu++ on you 3DS as well as 3DS games, follow the guide here : https://3ds.hacks.guide/
N64/PSX/Saturn/Dreamcast emulation is not good at all, but some selected N64/PS1 titles do run decently.

sunkdolphin808

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I've got a bit of a complicated problem. I recently installed homebrew on my 3ds but decided I needed a bigger sd card. I installed the homebrew on my old 32gb sd card and then I copied everything and move it over to the new 256gb card. But when I boot into luma or godmode9, the 3ds can't recognize the sd card. I already used h2testw to test the card and it received no errors. I believe my issue has something to do with the ID0 of the new sd card and I've searched all over the interent and haven't found a solution to my problem. I tried reinstalling luma, godmode9, formatting the new sd card, and still nothing. My 3DS can read the 32gb card perfectly so I'm not sure what the issue is.
And I also installed homebrew on a separate 3ds with a 256gb card and that one works perfectly with godmode9 and luma. If anyone could offer some help, it'd be much obliged.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed the homebrew on my old 32gb sd card and then I copied everything and move it over to the new 256gb card. But when I boot into luma or godmode9, the 3ds can't recognize the sd card. I already used h2testw to test the card and it received no errors.
Is the card formatted as FAT32 with 64k clusters? In any case, a card of that size is very likely to cause unexpected problems eventually.

I believe my issue has something to do with the ID0 of the new sd card
The SD card doesn't inherently have an "ID0"; that is something generated by the 3DS itself. It only bceomes an issue if you use a fresh SD card in your 3DS and then try to copy old files over.

sunkdolphin808

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the card formatted as FAT32 with 64k clusters? In any case, a card of that size is very likely to cause unexpected problems eventually.

The SD card doesn't inherently have an "ID0"; that is something generated by the 3DS itself. It only bceomes an issue if you use a fresh SD card in your 3DS and then try to copy old files over.
Yes I used guiformat for the 256gb sd card. I think that's the issue then, I must have accidentally put the fresh sd card in my 3ds and then tried to copy my old files over. Is there anyway to fix it or am I just going to have to start fresh with my new sd card and reinstall everything back on it?

GAPMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you add in videos from your computer to your 3DS XL? And vice versa? Is there a way to convert your videos from one format to the format that the 3DS XL allows?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I used guiformat for the 256gb sd card.
That doesn't answer the question. Did you select an allocation unit size of 64kb when you formatted the card?

Is there anyway to fix it or am I just going to have to start fresh with my new sd card and reinstall everything back on it?
Just delete everything on the card and then copy your old backup onto the card before you insert it into your 3DS.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didnt play my 3DS for months now... The battery is ok (showing 100%) but the boot is slow as hell (don´t remember if this was a issue). Anyway, can someone point me to a safe tutorial to update everything? And there is a way to cheat on game forwarders (GBA, SNES, DS)? Thanks in advance!

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is something weird I'm on the latest luma and the latest official firmware 11.15.0-47E
But in the last few days I keep getting prompts for a firmware update ? what might be the cause of this ?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is something weird I'm on the latest luma and the latest official firmware 11.15.0-47E
But in the last few days I keep getting prompts for a firmware update ? what might be the cause of this ?
Prompts? Where does it appear, when you want to play online /or access the eShop?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just comes up when I turn on my 3DS like an original update prompt,
Well it shouldn't, when you open the settings you do see that it's on "11.15.0-47"?
Though i can't say if you should re-do the update or not, even if it is safe.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it shouldn't, when you open the settings you do see that it's on "11.15.0-47"?
Though i can't say if you should re-do the update or not, even if it is safe.
yeah it shows 11.15.0-47E
Funny thing is also I haven't been able to update a few games it always fails to complete the update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    putting me into a shrink is not going to help anyone but *THEM*
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Poor Leo. Everyone out to harm you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes see? the fault is within you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Same here, I struggle too. Its highly suggested to maybe take a break from the site just to calm down.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and ones like yuou
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so leave me alone and stop sending me pms
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you started
    Im pretty certain most people here, Leo, don't believe much of what you say about your situations, if anything at all.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you sent me pm and brought me up here
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    stupid motherfucker
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea...you don't want to hear the truth
    Yeah. After you litter the forum with your sob stories. Im calling you out.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    then mind your own business
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    otherwise fuck off
    Show us some proof. Lets see police reports, court documents, video and/or audio recordings, etc. etc.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I already did show part of it, you ridiculed me instead
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtek? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101