• Views 4,389,842
  • Replies 53,714
  • Likes 43

Tragicremedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try manually deleting the TWL titles via FBI and then performing a system update.

I tried deleting 0004800f484e4c41 and 000480005484e4441 (ds download play) with the option "delete title and ticket", then performed a system update. Still same issue.

I noticed there are two blank tiles on the main menu as well, if that means anything.

Okage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hotel Dusk can be played flawlessly from my experience. Use your Google-fu skills to find what you're looking for.

Hi again, another paranoid question as I'm new to this
I've got everything working, except the atari emu but whatever, I've backup all my files.
To Recap, I'm tranfering my unmodded New 3DS system data to my modded one.
What I'd like to ask is do i have to use the SD card with everything, ROMS and such, still on the target system for during tranfer?
I've got a smaller card with the minimum to boot for the tranfer to occur and them move my unmodded data to the big SD card with all the ROMS and EMUS.
Will that work alright?
Sorry ;(
I'm paranoid of screwing up

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again, another paranoid question as I'm new to this
I've got everything working, except the atari emu but whatever, I've backup all my files.
To Recap, I'm tranfering my unmodded New 3DS system data to my modded one.
What I'd like to ask is do i have to use the SD card with everything, ROMS and such, still on the target system for during tranfer?
I've got a smaller card with the minimum to boot for the tranfer to occur and them move my unmodded data to the big SD card with all the ROMS and EMUS.
Will that work alright?
Sorry ;(
I'm paranoid of screwing up
Hey, if you're talking about system transfer then make sure to backup your sd card of the target 3ds, & if you don't, the 3ds folder that is saved on the sd card will be overwritten by the source's data (unmodded 3ds),which contains your installed games, saves(if not backed up by Checkpoint). Backup saves with with Checkpoint, your emulators & TWLMenu you just copy & paste it after you finish everything.
You can use the source's sd card only after it has completed the system transfer to the target 3ds,and you can use it in your target 3ds after you finish, if you want.
You can just re-install your 3DS games again when finish everything.

Last edited by CoolMe,

JinHyeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I really need some help. I tried installing Majoras mask on my Panda 3ds but it shutdown while installing. The console will not boot at all anymore, it is stuck in a black screen, I can go into the recovery menu but the console will not update. I'm running the latest luma and can access godmode, but I don't have a nand backup. I would really appreciate some help.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I really need some help. I tried installing Majoras mask on my Panda 3ds but it shutdown while installing. The console will not boot at all anymore, it is stuck in a black screen, I can go into the recovery menu but the console will not update. I'm running the latest luma and can access godmode, but I don't have a nand backup. I would really appreciate some help.
Did it display any kind of error message or just turned off? Also is your sd card h2testw checked? If not i would suggest doing that. Because if it's a fake, the moment it reaches its true capacity (even if it's advertised to hold more) it'll start corrupting the new added files (installing MM3D in this case).

JinHyeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Thanks for the quick reply! The card is 100% legit. I've tested the sd card and also formatted it. I've tried several sd cards but it seems to be a software issue. I tried making a ctrnand transfer image to try and fix the nand thru emunand but I get a "ticket.db" error.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Thanks for the quick reply! The card is 100% legit. I've tested the sd card and also formatted it. I've tried several sd cards but it seems to be a software issue. I tried making a ctrnand transfer image to try and fix the nand thru emunand but I get a "ticket.db" error.
You got that error In GodMode9?

That means GodMode9 cannot find those *.db database files. Manually go in the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/dbs/ directory and verify if they exist.
Just to quote TPC heh

Last edited by CoolMe,

JinHyeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I saw it had not support since 2017. I haven't really tried anything since I just get errors while trying the methods I've seen. I can't seem to get anywhere with either godmode or decrypt9. I also tried doing a ctrnand tranfer but I am greeted with an error: "Unable to mount CTRNAND or load CTRNAND firm. Please use external one. Press any button to shutdown".

Spincast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!, noob question.-
I'm trying to play NDS games on my 3ds.-
So, after some reading, got universal installer to install Twilight menu, but it just gives me the standard nintendo error message "An error has occurred, hold power button to turn off your console" when I open Twilight

Console: Old 3ds CTR-001 model Flame Red
CFW: Luna 3DS v 10.2.1
System firmware version: Emu 11.15.0-47U

Things Ive tried:
1) Uninstalling Twilight and installing it again
2) enabling the option "enable loading external FIRMs and modules" on Luma3ds configuration
Still error screen.-

Last edited by Spincast,

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!, noob question.-
I'm trying to play NDS games on my 3ds.-
So, after some reading, got universal installer to install Twilight menu, but it just gives me the standard nintendo error message "An error has occurred, hold power button to turn off your console" when I open Twilight

Console: Old 3ds CTR-001 model Flame Red
CFW: Luna 3DS v 10.2.1
System firmware version: Emu 11.15.0-47U

Things Ive tried:
1) Uninstalling Twilight and installing it again
2) enabling the option "enable loading external FIRMs and modules" on Luma3ds configuration
Still error screen.-
You might want to post your issue here at TwilightMenu++ thread.

Reactions: Spincast

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use the eshop to purchase and play different region games on a CFW 3DS? I'm going to pick up a Japanese 3DS and I know there is no problem playing or injecting my different region 3DS or GBA games on the device, but I haven't used the eshop before on my current devices.

I have seen a few threads discussing this same topic and you can get locked out of other regions. Could I just buy the eshop game and extract it and install it on the other 3DS?

Does only some eshop games not support other languages? I'm looking at the Pokemon Crystal, Silver, and Gold games.

Is there anything else I should know before installing CFW on the new 3DS? CFW installs, games install, cartridges should work, and GBA injections work. Anything else?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use the eshop to purchase and play different region games on a CFW 3DS? I'm going to pick up a Japanese 3DS and I know there is no problem playing or injecting my different region 3DS or GBA games on the device, but I haven't used the eshop before on my current devices.

I have seen a few threads discussing this same topic and you can get locked out of other regions. Could I just buy the eshop game and extract it and install it on the other 3DS?

Does only some eshop games not support other languages? I'm looking at the Pokemon Crystal, Silver, and Gold games.

Is there anything else I should know before installing CFW on the new 3DS? CFW installs, games install, cartridges should work, and GBA injections work. Anything else?
Choosing a NTSC-J game will most likely not contain the English language or any other, so go with PAL if you want to play the games in other languages like French, German,.. Etc

Could I just buy the eshop game and extract it and install it on
Yes it should work, even if it's out of region game, you can use Luma Locale switcher to boot the games if they refuse to work.

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

peepeepoopoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi there, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I seem to be having trouble connecting to the e-Shop.

Profile Region: USA
Luma: 10.2.1
GM9: 2.0.0

Whenever I attempt to connect to the eShop I get the error code: 005-5602. My main reason for connecting to the eShop is I want to update some games to the latest version to have checkpoint run properly. I'd appreciate any help.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I seem to be having trouble connecting to the e-Shop.

Profile Region: USA
Luma: 10.2.1
GM9: 2.0.0

Whenever I attempt to connect to the eShop I get the error code: 005-5602. My main reason for connecting to the eShop is I want to update some games to the latest version to have checkpoint run properly. I'd appreciate any help.
Have you region changed the console? and have these games been downloaded from eshop or from fbi?

peepeepoopoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Have you region changed the console? and have these games been downloaded from eshop or from fbi?
It was set to the U.S by default and I have changed it a few times to troubleshoot such as changing it to SG and UK but it gave me the same message, so I placed it back to the U.S. Does your IP factor in the error code? I don't have a U.S IP though.
The games were downloaded online as CIA files then installed with FBI.

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Choosing a NTSC-J game will most likely not contain the English language or any other, so go with PAL if you want to play the games in other languages like French, German,.. Etc

Yes it should work, even if it's out of region game, you can use Luma Locale switcher to boot the games if they refuse to work.
Thank you for advice and help. I wasn't aware of the PAL games have additional languages. It looks like I need to purchase the desired game/language from its country. I can only do this from a separate Nintendo account.

I may not be fully understanding this correctly, but I think, Luma Locale Switcher can help me access different region's eshop and purchase games there and play them. I'll test this more in the future. Thank you.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for advice and help. I wasn't aware of the PAL games have additional languages. It looks like I need to purchase the desired game/language from its country. I can only do this from a separate Nintendo account.

I may not be fully understanding this correctly, but I think, Luma Locale Switcher can help me access different region's eshop and purchase games there and play them. I'll test this more in the future. Thank you.
Luma Locale Switcher only makes your already installed out-of-region games run on the 3DS,and that's it. It doesn't have any effect on the eShop or its regions, AFAIK.

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.