• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

Kvothe43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I just installed CFW on my N2DSXL, everything went well and it works with no problems...but I have two FBI icons on my Home screen. I can access and use both of them, but I have only installed it once through Homebrew launcher, following the guide, and when checking 3DS storage and software it appears only once. Anybody has any idea how to delete the unnecessary one?

Last edited by Kvothe43,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi! I just installed CFW on my N2DSXL, everything went well and it works with no problems...but I have two FBI icons on my Home screen. I can access and use both of them, but I have only installed it once through Homebrew launcher, following the guide, and when checking 3DS storage and software it appears only once. Anybody has any idea how to delete the unnecessary one?
You could use the homebrew named "Cthulhu" to delete/clear the HOME Menu cached icons:

https://github.com/Ryuzaki-MrL/Cthulhu

Perharps it helps!

Edit: Mmmm... Although, it's possible that you have FBI injected on Health & Safety (H&S) system app. Can you check if you have the normal version of H&S app or if FBI was injected on it?

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched my 3DS in a while and I noticed that I am a bit out of date. I followed the 3DS guide back in the day and I'm not quite sure how to update my system. How should I update?

If I update Luma3DS to 10.2, will I be safe to update my system to the latest version, 11.13.0 through 3DS System Settings > Other Settings > System Update? What else should I update? Checkpoint, FBI, anything else?

Currently I am on:
Luma3DS 10.01
GodMode9 1.9.0
System Update: 11.8.0-41u
sysNAND backed up

Thanks all!

Last edited by GerbilSwimmingPool,

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I haven't touched my 3DS in a while and I noticed that I am a bit out of date. I followed the 3DS guide back in the day and I'm not quite sure how to update my system. How should I update?

If I update Luma3DS to 10.2, will I be safe to update my system to the latest version, 11.13.0 through 3DS System Settings > Other Settings > System Update? What else should I update? Checkpoint, FBI, anything else?

Currently I am on:
Luma3DS 10.01
GodMode9 1.9.0
System Update: 11.8.0-41u
sysNAND backed up

Thanks all!
Yes, updating to Luma 10.2 you can update your system version as you said

And about other things, it's always recommended to have all updated. If you want, just follow (again) the official guide for that:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, updating to Luma 10.2 you can update your system version as you said

And about other things, it's always recommended to have all updated. If you want, just follow (again) the official guide for that:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
What's the difference between LumaUpdater and manually updating Luma3DS. Is it the same thing? I'm going through the guide right now.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What's the difference between LumaUpdater and manually updating Luma3DS. Is it the same thing? I'm going through the guide right now.
LumaUpdater just download (stable or nightly version) of Luma CFW and replace the boot.firm directly for you (either on SD or CTRNAND root, as you need or want)

Last edited by fmkid,

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LumaUpdater just download (stable or nightly version) of Luma CFW and replace the boot.firm directly for you (either on SD or CTRNAND root, as you need or want)
That's what I thought. Thank you. Two more questions for you. Should I even update in the first place? I just assumed that's the best practice. I'm also looking at using TWiLight. So I figured I should update being using that software. I want to play GBA games, but I have 3DSXL.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's what I thought. Thank you. Two more questions for you. Should I even update in the first place? I just assumed that's the best practice. I'm also looking at using TWiLight. So I figured I should update being using that software. I want to play GBA games, but I have 3DSXL.

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll look into that link. Thank you. I'm not quite sure if I should move the content of my emuNAND over to my sysNAND CFW. I have already updated ctr no timeoffset, fbi, lumaupdater, luma3ds, fbi, anemone3ds, checkpoint, and godmode9, but I haven't updated my system yet. However I already made a sysNAND backup, because we gotta do that every time we update our devices. Please excuse the multiple basic questions. I'm trying to ensure I stay as far as away as possible from bricking.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'll look into that link. Thank you. I'm not quite sure if I should move the content of my emuNAND over to my sysNAND CFW. I have already updated ctr no timeoffset, fbi, lumaupdater, luma3ds, fbi, anemone3ds, checkpoint, and godmode9, but I haven't updated my system yet. However I already made a sysNAND backup, because we gotta do that every time we update our devices. Please excuse the multiple basic questions. I'm trying to ensure I stay as far as away as possible from bricking.
Do you have/use a EmuNand? Nowadays is not necessary after all

And it's totally safe to move/inject EmuNand on SysNand and forgot EmuNand forever (bricks possibilities are closer to zero). Just before to proceed, you must to do a NAND backup (in case of any unexpected trouble).

But if you move your EmuNand to SysNand, your system version will be the same your EmuNand has.

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have/use a EmuNand? Nowadays is not necessary after all

And it's totally safe to move/inject EmuNand on SysNand and forgot EmuNand forever (bricks possibilities are closer to zero). Just before to proceed, you must to do a NAND backup (in case of any unexpected trouble).

But if you move your EmuNand to SysNand, your system version will be the same your EmuNand has.
I was pretty sure I understood the concept of SysNAND and EmuNAND before posting, but I read up on it a little. I didn't realize how much has changed with EmuNAND though. I definitely made a backup of my SysNAND before proceeding. Too worried about messing something up.

That's the one thing I wasn't quite sure on. If my system version is closer to my EmuNAND, is that bad or good thing? I would assume if I ever wanted to downgrade my system version to troubleshoot an issue I wouldn't be able to downgrade it if I already updated the system version to the recent version or a higher version. Maybe that assumption is wrong though. It seems like I have more possibilities keeping the SysNAND lower.

Once again, thanks for all of the information.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was pretty sure I understood the concept of SysNAND and EmuNAND before posting, but I read up on it a little. I didn't realize how much has changed with EmuNAND though. I definitely made a backup of my SysNAND before proceeding. Too worried about messing something up.

That's the one thing I wasn't quite sure on. If my system version is closer to my EmuNAND, is that bad or good thing? I would assume if I ever wanted to downgrade my system version to troubleshoot an issue I wouldn't be able to downgrade it if I already updated the system version to the recent version or a higher version. Maybe that assumption is wrong though. It seems like I have more possibilities keeping the SysNAND lower.

Once again, thanks for all of the information.
Ok. Basically there's no a difference between SysNand and EmuNand, both are functional NAND copies of your system internal memory. Long ago was mandatory to use an EmuNand to avoid system errors or bricks, now it's not necessary ever more (if you are using activelly an EmuNand is so easy and safe to inject/move it to SysNand, and just stand with an unique NAND).

And about the differences of both NAND type system versions, there's no really problem. You can always update to the latest actual version having Luma CFW updated. Then, the "downgrade effect" present on the process of moving EmuNand to SysNand is not a trascendental problem at all, it's just and "accident" if you will :D

The only annoying really thing is to have to install the homebrew set again

PS: I'm so sorry with you, because I don't speak/understand english very well. For this reason, perharps my explanations aren't no so good and the delays on my answers are evident:unsure::unsure: But I hope it helps and you can understand it

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Basically there's no a difference between SysNand and EmuNand, both are functional NAND copies of your system internal memory. Long ago was mandatory to use an EmuNand to avoid system errors or bricks, now it's not necessary ever more (if you are using activelly an EmuNand is so easy and safe to inject/move it to SysNand, and just stand with an unique NAND).

And about the differences of both NAND type system versions, there's no really problem. You can always update to the latest actual version having Luma CFW updated. Then, the "downgrade effect" present on the process of moving EmuNand to SysNand is not a trascendental problem at all, it's just and "accident" if you will :D

The only annoying really thing is to have to install the homebrew set again

PS: I'm so sorry with you, because I don't speak/understand english very well. For this reason, perharps my explanations aren't no so good and the delays on my answers are evident:unsure::unsure: But I hope it helps and you can understand it

You're totally good, dude and extremely helpful. I appreciate it a lot and I completely understand your English 100%. I'm just a noob too scared to make any changes to my 3DS. Ha! I understand the NAND version now. Thank you.

Regarding GBA games, how does Open GBA firm compare to NSUI? There are many recommending NSUI. I worry I might get 20, 30, 60 hours into a GBA game and it starts to crap out.

Reactions: fmkid

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You're totally good, dude and extremely helpful. I appreciate it a lot and I completely understand your English 100%. I'm just a noob too scared to make any changes to my 3DS. Ha! I understand the NAND version now. Thank you.

Regarding GBA games, how does Open GBA firm compare to NSUI? There are many recommending NSUI. I worry I might get 20, 30, 60 hours into a GBA game and it starts to crap out.
Perfect :yay:

And open_agb_firm has the advantage of load your GBA roms directly on .gba format (like an emulator does). Meanwhile, with NSUI, you have to convert/inject one per one from .gba to .cia, and later install it (using FBI), taking up space on the HOME Menu.

Perharps, the main disadvantages of open_agb_firm for now are have to reboot the console to use it or to change rom, and also the lack of compatibility with some kind of save formats

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect :yay:

And open_agb_firm has the advantage of load your GBA roms directly on .gba format (like an emulator does). Meanwhile, with NSUI, you have to convert/inject one per one from .gba to .cia, and later install it (using FBI), taking up space on the HOME Menu.

Perharps, the main disadvantages of open_agb_firm for now are have to reboot the console to use it or to change rom, and also the lack of compatibility with some kind of save formats

Thanks for the explanation of those two applications. By the way, I have sucessifully backed up, updated, and am running the current system version all thanks to you! Woot woot! Gonna try to get around to those games now! haha!

Jackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 SDHC card with TWiLightMenu++ and YSMenu, and I'm having some problems with a couple of games. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time doesn't load, and gives a message saying it is known not to run, but you can ignore the message if there's an nds bootstrap version that fixes it. Next, Maro & Luigi: Superstar Saga crashes when starting the first fight against Bowser. Lastly, The microphone doesn't seem to work while playing The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. The last one probably effects other games too, but I haven't gotten the opportunity to test it with other games. How do I fix these?

codexdragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just turned on my new 2ds xl for the first time in a year. I went to scan some themes QR on theme plaza but it's not working. I have 49 already saved on my console. I tried deleting one to see if I needed to free up space but it still won't let me download any new ones

Jackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 Card with YSMenu and TWiLightMenu completely crashes with Pokémon Crystal Clear. Not while playing it, just when it's on the card. I got it to work for a bit, then stopped I accidentally soft reset the whole game. Don't ask. After that, I would go back to the menu, and it would freeze up the second it let me chose a game. For now, I've just taken Crystal Clear off. Is there any way to make it, y'know, not crash with Crystal Clear on the card?

D

Deleted User

Hello.
I tried using the homebrew guide on my Japanese 3DS browserhax 2020
When I got to the step to B9S reboot, I pressed a button and my machine turned off. Now, it flashes blue light only.
I tried using Luma 7.1 and 10.2, any advice?
Follow all of my suggestions in this thread.

— STOP DOUBLE POSTING!!! I'm serious! :angry:

BTW, your English is much better than that of some people on GBAtemp whom I know to have English as their primary language. :)

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/